Chapter 34

Sage POV

Hurt. Angry. Distraught. Confused. Depressed. Kree has left me broken and empty. It's been a month since he and Angel disappeared. He's not answering my phone calls or texts and I don't know what to do. The police seem to think they're involved somehow but I know him. Kree would never do something like this. I know he gets angry sometimes, but MURDER? It doesn't make any sense.

My mom has been comforting me daily, my dad has sworn revenge on Kree and Shay has pushed her own heartbreak to the side to be there for me. I've secluded myself in my room, not wanting to talk to anyone. Some may think I'm being dramatic but he was my first... everything. He is my first everything and I refuse to believe it's over just like that. There must be a reason.

Every morning, without fail, my dad comes into my room, sees the state I'm in and asks one vital question: 'Do you want me to kill him?'

And every time I crack a small smile and whisper 'No, dad.'

'I'm a doctor. I know the right drugs to make it look like an accident.' He furthers.

'I wouldn't want you to get into trouble dad.' I reply.

'You're right, you're right. You still need your dear old dad, don't you? No matter what age you are.' He nods to himself.

'Have a great day at work.' I smile at him.

'Please try and get out of the house, sweetie.'

'I love you dad.' I say, which I know gets him every time.

'Love you too baby girl.' He walks out of my room.

I take my dad's advice and get myself ready. Looking in the mirror, I catch the reflection of the necklace he gave me around my neck. Clasping onto the feather, my eyes threaten to betray me, as they fill up with water.

Sage's Outfit

Sage's Necklace

Sage's Necklace

'Not today.' I whisper. 'Not today.' I exhale long and strong and head down the stairs.

'Oh, well you look like my favourite daughter.' My mom says.