Chapter 4

Angela and I got to the bowling alley a little bit late since 10 minutes after I got there to pick her up she still didn't know what to wear. So when we walked in, mostly everyone was already there. It was Angie's outside group of friends, then a few other groups of kids, including Kyle and his friends. He came up to talk to us immediately and started smiling at Angie. I rolled my eyes.
"Hey, guys," he said.
"Hey," I responded.
"Hi," Angie smiled. He made some small-talk with both of us for a couple minutes before they got into a deeper conversation. I stood there extremely bored until I spotted Katie at the other end of the alley.
"Hey, bye guys, I'll see ya later." I waved to them before walking off.
Katie was with her friends, they'd already gotten a lane. I watched her on my way over, laughing and messing around and found myself smiling.
"Hey there," I said when I got to their lane. Her friends all smiled and waved or said hello back but Katie spun around.
"Hey, Miss Stephens," she smirked. I blushed, hoping she couldn't tell from the dimness of the lights.
"Hey Katelynn," I smiled back, "how's it going?"
"Pretty solid," she said with a big smile, revealing perfectly white, straight teeth. "I've gotten two strikes so far and we're not even halfway done yet, so I'm feeling pretty good." I watched her lips as she spoke, noticing how light and nice they were.
"That's good. Ang ditched me as you can see," I waved towards Kyle and Angie, still standing by a speaker talking, "so I hoped you might let me come sit with you guys. I suck at bowling but I'm a pretty good cheerleader." Katie laughed and pushed her long, dark hair out of her face.
"I guess you can sit with us," I gave her a thumbs up and she added, "as long as you're my cheerleader though," in a hushed tone. I looked into her gray eyes and scratched the back of my neck.
"Of course, Katelynn." I smirked.
"Stop calling me that," she gently shoved me and I stepped backwards and sat in one of the chairs by the lane.
"Don't tell me what to do," I said as she stepped up to grab a ball, "let's go KATIE!" She threw the ball down the lane only to have it go in the gutter. I laughed and she spun around.
"I thought you were a good cheerleader."
"I thought you were doing good." She rolled her eyes at me and went again, this time knocking most of the pins over.
I stayed at her lane, cheering for and talking to Katie until the end of the night. When Angela finally found her way back to me, they were already almost done. She said hi to Katie and her friends before asking if I was ready to go.
"Uh, yeah." I replied. I glanced up at Katie who'd just got done with her turn and stood up. "Hey, dude, we're leaving." I said to her. She stepped closer to me.
"Well, I had lots of fun with you here, thanks for cheering for me," she smiled up at me and I blushed.
"It was my pleasure." Katie stuck one hand in her back pocket and we stood looking at each other for a second, not sure if I should hug her or something. I decided to take a rain check, waved, and ducked out of the bowling alley with Angela.
"I think she wanted you to kiss her or something," Angela said to me on the way home.
"What- who? Katie?" I responded nervously.
"No, Kyle. Yes, Katie!"
"No, I don't think so, and why would I just kiss her in front of a bunch of people?" In all honesty, the idea of kissing her wasn't the worst thing I ever heard of.
"Okay, don't freak out, it was just an observation."
"And, anyways, what's up with you and Kyle?" I asked, looking over at her. She shrugged in response.
"He's cute," she said.
"And nice, you could do worse."
"He'd never like me," she said, looking out the window.
"Shut up, he wouldn't hang out with you all night if he didn't like you a little bit." I replied. She sat silent for a minute, smiled and looked out the window until I dropped her off.

When I was back at home, I laid in bed for a long time before deciding I should text Katie.
Hey, I had fun tonight. Thanks for coming through when Ang ditched me.
Instant response.
-I had fun too, don't worry. We should hang out soon.
We should :)
-Night, Stephens.
Goodnight.
I went to bed smiling, forgetting about Brooke if only for a minute.

-Hey, thanks for reading, again sorry, a few more chapters til the good stuff, haha. Please vote/comment/etc. Have a nice day!