Chapter 11

School got sort of weird but sort of great after we decided to try things out. Being around her was easier because I wasn't hiding anything from her... but I was from everyone else. So as much as I wanted to hug her or hold her hand in class, I had to restrain myself. If anyone found out it would be over in a heartbeat and I didn't want that. So I behaved myself as best I could and waited until after school every day so that I could get a few minutes to talk to her alone. Miss Smith was actually super busy outside of school too so I tried not to bother her during the week that much even though I missed her all the time. But I dealt with it because I didn't want her to think I was too attached or anything, although I already was.
"What are your winter break plans?" she asked me one day after school. She looked up at me with a small smile on her face. I was sitting on the edge of her desk and picked up her stress ball and began rolling it around in my hand.
"I'm not going anywhere if that's what you're asking," I replied, throwing the ball up and then catching it.
"I was just wondering because I have some shopping to do up north and if you'd want to in a couple weeks, if you could get away for a day and a night, I'd love it if you'd go with me maybe." Miss Smith continued smiling and then bit her lip gently, bringing her eyebrows together. She was trying to force me into saying yes, she'd always given me good puppy dog looks.
"Are you sure about that?" I raised an eyebrow, even though I was filled with joy that she wanted me to go on a mini trip with her. Since we had to be lowkey about everything, we hadn't gone out in public together, except for a midnight trip to CVS because I needed cough drops one night.
"Well of course," she replied, still smiling. I looked into her chocolate brown eyes and felt something shift in my chest as my stomach erupted with butterflies.
"I can get away." It would be tough, because I wouldn't be 18 for another month so my mom still had control over me and there was no way she would let me go on a mysterious trip up north. However, if I said Angela and I were going, it might work. But I'd need Angela to cover for me in case my mom ever asked about it. If I could be honest and tell her what I was doing, she definitely would. But she had gotten more suspicious over the weeks that I was hiding something from her. She caught me smiling at my phone a few times, not to mention that I was just all-around happier than I had been with Katie or even without her. I hadn't asked Brooke if I could tell her, because I'd assumed I couldn't. There was absolutely no way that she had told her friends so I couldn't either. But one person did know, and it was Joey. He was still in a state of shock over the whole thing and I couldn't tell if he was grossed out about me being in real love or if he was jealous because he'd never gotten with a teacher before, but regardless he seemed happy for me to some extent.
"What are you thinking about?" she asked, grazing my arm with her fingertips. I looked down at her and smiled.
"Angela," I replied.
"What about her?"
"How I wish I could tell her." Miss Smith dropped her eyes then.
"Oh." She looked uncomfortable so I knew the answer immediately. I decided it would be better to change the subject so I started talking about some stupid teacher drama going on with her and continued to feel guilty for not telling my best friend.

"No," Angela said flatly when I asked if she'd cover for me without telling her why I needed her to cover. "Not if you're not gonna tell me why." She shook her head and I pouted at her.
"Ang, please, I need this," I grabbed her hands and stuck my bottom lip out. "Please, please, please." She glared at me for another second and then sighed and rolled her eyes.
"Fine, but I just want you to know that this is a very rude thing for you to do. I know you're hiding something and I'm very offended that you won't tell me what is going on." I smiled and hugged her.
"It's nothing important, I'll tell you as soon as I can I promise. I love you, Ang. Thanks for always coming through." She didn't hug me back but sighed an 'I love you too.'

I know it's short but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. A holiday trip for Miss Smith and Kameron? Soon! (This chapter was mostly just a filler)