Chapter 13

When I woke up the next morning, the bed was empty beside me, I pouted for a second before the smell of bacon hit my nose and I was immediately in a much better mood. It was pretty chilly when I got up out of bed with just my t-shirt and underwear, so I threw on a pair of sweatpants and my slippers and walked out to find the bacon I could smell cooking.
    "Hi, babe," Miss Smith smiled at me from across the kitchen. She was standing at the small, outdated stove turning the half-cooked bacon over and running her free hand through her hair. Her hair was messy from the night before and it made me smile. I crossed the kitchen in seconds and wrapped my arms around her from behind and kissed the top of her head.
    "How'd you sleep?" I murmured, breathing her scent in.
    "Really well actually, isn't that bed so nice?"
    "It is nice, yeah," I agreed, still holding on to her. We stood there in silence for a couple minutes, I just liked to feel her warmth, especially since most of the time she was cold and I was the warm one. I noticed I could hear the crackle of a fire burning behind me so she must have been sitting by the fireplace before I came out.
    After a couple minutes, Brooke lifted the pan of bacon off the stove and brought it to the table behind us, there were already scrambled eggs and toaster-cooked waffles out on two plates. My heart and face were warmed by the fact that she had made me breakfast. So sweet, so, so sweet.
"What's that face for?" she asked me, sitting down at one of the wooden chairs. I felt the goofy grin on my face and I tried to shake it off.
    "Nothing...this is just...I dunno. You're sweet." I love you. She giggled as I sat down across from her.
    "For you I try." I smiled and began to eat the breakfast she'd cooked for us while she flipped through a magazine in front of me. It was quiet besides the crackling of the fire and the sound of her flipping pages and I wanted to stay there forever- tucked away from the world, just admiring the shape of her face, the intense brown of her eyes, the light red in her cheeks, the way her dirty blonde hair fell past her shoulders, her in general. I felt like I could stare at her for hours. I KNEW I could stare at her for hours. She was so beautiful and soft.
    "So where do we need to go today?" I asked, coming back to the reality that we actually had things to do and as much as I wanted to live out my fantasy of just admiring her for hours on end- I couldn't.
    "Well, actually," she cleared her throat and nodded her head towards the window, "it's a little snowy...I think we might be stuck here for today." I looked outside and it looked like a full blown blizzard had taken place, there was at least 7 inches of snow on the ground, and it was still falling. "I'm sorry, I know you told your mom you'd be back tonight," she had a nervous tone when she spoke and I quickly interrupted her, feeling almost guilty.
"Hey, no, it's fine!" I exclaimed quickly, reaching over and grabbing her hand, "I'll tell her it snowed, she'll understand, what's one more day, ya know? Plus that means I get to have you all to myself today."
"All to yourself, huh?" she smirked, teasing. I felt myself beginning to blush and I stood up and walked to her side of the table, bending down to kiss her.
"That's how I like it," I whispered in her ear, kissing behind her ear softly. She let out a soft groan and I smiled against her skin. "But before I get you too excited, I should probably get myself washed up, ya know, shower, brush my teeth, the basics." I straightened up, looking towards the bathroom, and she wrapped her arms tightly around me.
"No," she pouted, giving me her sweet puppy dog eyes. I laughed and held her hands behind my back for a second before pulling away and turning towards the bathroom. Once I got to the doorway I tugged my shirt off and threw it to the floor.
    "Come with me," I smiled, biting my lip. Brooke's eyes widened and I could see her struggling for words, it was rare for me to act seductive like she normally did. I tore my gaze from her and continued to start the shower. Once she heard the shower start, I heard her feet against the hardwood floor and before I knew it she was stepping in with me.
    She smiled at me while she let the warm water fall down her back and I bent down to kiss her softly.
    "You're beautiful," I murmured against her lips. She smiled wider and pulled me in for a very naked, wet hug.
    "Thank you, I-" she cut herself off and my heart stopped. I love you? Does she love me? I pulled her closer and stroked her water darkened hair and smiled. Happy to be with her.
    I took the shampoo she had brought with us from the top of the shower's shelves and squirted some in my hand and proceeded to lather up her head while she giggled. It was innocent. It was raw and open and perfect. We stayed under the water giggling, kissing, and touching until the hot water ran cold. When that happened, we quickly got out and wrapped ourselves in towels, dried off by the fire, and changed back into sweats again. We spent the whole day talking and laying in each other's arms. She opened up to me about past relationships, people who had broken her heart, why her mom wasn't a big presence in her life, and why it bothered her so much. All the while, I realized how content I was to be in her arms, I would do it every day forever if I could.

(Hey guys!!! Finally an update, a very fluffy, filler update. Thank you so much for reading, I'm trying!! Update sooner rather than later.)