May 4.

"Happy birthday to you!!" My Dads' voice struck my ears.

I opened up my eyes and saw...nothing. I mean it was dark in the room. All the curtains were closed and dad was sitting beside me with Ace standing in front of me holding a cake along with Crew who had a horrible expression on his face.

"Hm?" I just responded unknowingly.

I always wake up and sleep for almost a minute more with my eyes open or I wake up from dead, there is no in-between.

"Happy birthday!" Ace greeted.

"Happy birthday." It didn't seem like Crew wanted my birthday to be a happy one, anyway.

"Thanks!" I hugged dad while rubbing my eye.

"Oh, my baby girl is now..." Dad was saying this while Crew cut him off and said, "No more a baby."

"I was about to say that!" Ace laughed.

"Me too!" Dad added.

"Dad?!?"

"No no just kidding." Dad laughed while winking at Ace and Crew.

We all laughed.

"Come on get up and cut the crap, I mean cut the cake now I'm hella sleepy." Crew is always there to ravage my every special moment, truly.

"We all are Crew, we all are." This wasn't the first time that I wanted to kill him.

We cut the cake after that and as usual(with every birthday girl and boy in the world, not me certainly) everybody sang the birthday song, and so that's how my side of the birthday ritual got completed.

It wouldn't be as fun to anyone who always has a bomb ass party planned for them, a custom cake for cutting, all the family, friends and relatives getting together to wish them, along with all those gifts that they'd need until their next birthday, neither will it be fun for those who never had these types of things but, it will be fun for those who never "wanted" these types of things.

Now that I am thinking, vampires don't sleep then why Ace, Crew, and dad sleep? I am curious.

After freshening up the first thing I did was go to dad, it was like he was waiting for me.

"Did I keep you waiting by any chance?" I sat on the bed.

"Yes, a lot!" He smiled.

"Why didn't you ever call?"

"Because I never wanted anyone to know about you."

"What is all this dad? I am more than curious now, I wanna know."

"Crew must have told you our story, your mother and mine."

"Yeah.."

"I am a criminal, a lawbreaker for years. I deserve to be punished or most certainly killed. You left Ace because you thought he killed your mother and my mother-"

"I don't think I am sure." I got emotional.

"And you are right. But you ever thought of wanting to know why? The rationale behind all this?"

"I'd have asked if I could find anyone to ask, even Crew was clueless."

"I ordered him to do that and if I didn't have, they'd have been killed to a worse death. When I left my realm, my vampires, with your mom I knew what I was doing I knew if I took a single step forward I am gonna put both of us in danger but, love truly makes you senseless." He sighed, "I had spent all my life regretting that one decision but every time I saw you, your mom, it fortified me up. You, coming closer to the vampire world or in other words you becoming a vampire was quite a threat to your life and is now as well. And that's because  I was the king of vampires and your mom was a human who had blood that smelled like hyacinths. You know what hyacinths ar-"

"The flowers you often smell before seeing."

"True, her blood was like that, very fragrant. It made all the vampires as thirsty as any other humans' blood would but the certainty that it could give unlimited powers to the one who drinks it was as treacherous as exquisite. Only the bats who have lived long enough while serving their masters can recognize such blood. All the vampires only think that it's a special kind of meal with fragrance. If Ace wouldn't have killed your mom, mere vampires would have become dynamic even if the blood was diseased."

"Has Ace now become..."

He nodded, "Yes, being a royal vampire he was already very potent but now he is one of the most powerful vampires. And your mother honored him herself, she agreed to die by him."

I was getting very sentimental but I wanted to know everything.

"Why does this make me threatened?"

"You are a royal vampiress and you already have your mothers' blood, this makes you invincible. You don't know what powers you hold and this makes you the weakest of all. They want to kill you as well and with this scenario, they can easily do whatever they want.  Your aunt, my sister, and the queen right now, she is your biggest foe because if you returned to that world you'll be entitled to the throne more than Ace and Crew and even her. Anyone from my family would be. She wants to finish every single being of my family and that's why she sent Ace and Crew."

"They are here to kill me right?"

"Right, but they aren't blinded by the greed, they are protecting you."

He came closer to me and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"There are many things that you are unaware of, many people who only want to kill you but you shouldn't be afraid. Your mom and I will always be there for you, doesn't matter alive or dead." He started rubbing my cheeks softly, "Look not all the things are to be told, some are to be learned and some are to be explored, some are to be experienced and some are to be understood, it just requires the right time and patience. You will learn so much through your life, all you need is to differentiate between the loyal ones and the bad ones. Always remember that only you can make your life surpassing and jovial, you never need anybody else, it's always 'you', it's always been 'you' and it'll always be 'you'."

*To be continued...*