Part 4

Three year old Mia couldn't be more excited. Her Appa was coming home for two weeks. Mia sat in front of the door waiting for his return. As soon as she heard footsteps approaching and a key inserting in a lock she jumped up to greet him.

"Appa!" She cheered but her smile fell as she saw that it was her grandfather. The elder male chuckled and ruffled her hair. He knew he wouldn't be able to make her budge so he walked into the house telling her "Your Appa's almost here."

The words made her smile as she sat back on the floor waiting for his arrival. She had been sitting like this since early morning and was extremely tired. Before she knew it she was fast asleep her head leaning on the wall.

Mark walked into the house expecting little Mia to jump into his arms but was met with an adorable view. Mia was fast asleep on the floor waiting for him. Cooing at her sight Mark dropped his bags as he swooped up his baby girl. Mia sub consciously buried her face in his neck. 

"Appa." she whined as Mark chuckled. "I'm here baby." He whispered as he went in to greet his parents. After some time Mia woke up feeling very comfortable. Her face was buried in someones chest. Hearing the voice she looked up and gasped "Appa!" 

Mark smiled as he heard the little girl who was a few minutes ago asleep in his lap. Throwing her tiny arms around her fathers neck Mia giggled. "How's my baby?" Mark asked kissing her cheek. "Good. I behaved and Mum said I could have a cookie." 

Mark gazed at his daughter with love as she told him all about her time. How she went to the park and how she had helped her grand parents while her father was away. Then she decided to show him all the drawings and toys she got while he was away.

As she ran to her room to get all her drawings Mark turned to his mother. "She's so much like Liz." She smiled. Mark smiled sadly at the memory of Mias mother. "She has her eyes. and her temper." His father said chuckling. Mark remembered those eyes. People could get lost in them for hours. He had always loved her eyes.

Mia sat with her father as he talked to Jackson on the phone. Mia knew the rules. She wasn't allowed to talk when her father was on the phone. Waiting for him to be free Mia pouted. He was suppose to be at home but he was still busy. Noticing her pout Mark decided to bid goodbye. "Jackson-ah! I have to go. Tell your Mom I said hi!" Mark said as he hung up.

"I'm sorry baby. I promise. Now it's just us." Mia looked up and smiled before it turned into a frown. "Appa, where's Eomma?" Mark felt his breath hitch. He knew she would ask this. Just not this soon. Mark sighed as he got up picking Mia up and taking her outside.

"You know you're the most beautiful girl on the world." Mia smiled as he continued. "Your Eomma was as beautiful as you. The stars didn't have anyone this beautiful. So Eomma was called to be a star with the promise that you would have me. Now we have one beautiful girl here and the stars have one with them."

Mia looked up at the stars. "Which one's Eomma?" Mark looked up "The brightest and most beautiful one." Mia smiled "Eomma Sarangheyo! Bogo shipda!" She shouted as Mark smiled and kissed her cheek.

A week went by and it was time for Mia to go to school. Mark had though her first day would be hard. She would want to stay with him but she was super excited. Mark was recording his baby as she smiled and promised him that she would behave.

When they got to the school Mia had turned to him and frowned. Mark had expected her to break down like all the other kids but her words shocked him.

"Appa. You stay here. I'm a big girl. I go alone. Appa dropping me off is embarrassing." Mark had been left shocked by her words. In a state of confusion he watched his daughter run off into the school grabbing her teachers hand who she had met a few days ago when Mark came for the orientation.

As Mark sat with his parents they asked him whether she had cried. "How is it embarrassing if I drop her off?" Mark whined to his parents. "Soon she'll think it's embarrassing to hold my hand or let me kiss her!" He groaned "My baby is growing too fast!"  His parents laughed as his mother explained that this is what being a parent feels like. One day the kids are begging you for an extra cookie and your attention and the next they have a job and are getting married.

Mia on the other hand made two friends. Jaehyun and Hyuna. "What about your Eomma?" Hyuna asked as Mia talked about her father. Mia then told them how her mother was a star. "Mia has pretty eyes." Jae said changing the topic. "My Dada has pretty eyes. Appa and I like them."

"You have two dads?" A kid asked as Jae nodded. "What about an Eomma? Everyone has an Eomma." Jae shook his head "No. I have Appa and Dada." The other boy looked at him "That's weird. My Eomma says no one should have two Appa's." 

Mia glared at the other boy. "You're jealous because Jae has two Appa while you only have one." She stuck her tongue out at the other boy who decided to leave the trio alone. "Is it weird having two Appa's" Jae asked as the girls shook their head. "It's super cool." Hyuna said "My Imo married Tia. So now I have two aunts!"

Mia waved goodbye to her friends as she rushed to her father. Jumping into her arms she began talking about her day. 

"Appa. Is it weird having two Appa's like Jae?" Mia asked as she drank her chocolate milk. Mark shook his head. "No. You can love whoever you want to." Mia smiled "I want two Appa's." Mark looked up from his phone. "I want Jackson Oppa as my Appa. He's Handsome. Or Nyoung Oppa. I know Appa loves them like he loves me." Mark coughed as he almost spit his coffee. "What?" But Mia had finished her drink and ran up to her room.

Mark had thought that this was a one time thing but Mia didn't let it go. She kept on asking her grandparents and her Appa for a second Appa. She wanted twice the love.