He put the fork down and leaned on the table, "Well, I did ads when I was a kid –"

"Oh, so you're pretty pretty."

He laughed and shook his head, "I'm surprised you didn't look me up yet."

"Now where's the mystery in that?"

"You know, you're different."

"And I'm supposed to feel flattered how?"

"No... it's just that you're not like most girls."

"Oh." I paused for a while, "Well, believe me, we're one and the same. We're all different from each other, meaning we're all not like anyone."

He smiled and looked down, "I apologize. I forgot the trope, but you have to believe me when I say I get that."

"Oh, you do?"

"Yeah, you sound just like my mother."

"Really? Then I like her already."

"Yeah, she's a feminist."

"As every girl should be. But I also know there are still women who don't believe in themselves being equal to men, so, yeah." I smiled at him.

He chuckled and took a swig of his drink, "I like you, Lauren Grant." The sound of the glass clinking down the table was palpable to the sudden silence in my ears. His fingers circled the rim of the glass. I looked at him and he was already looking at me.
I felt myself smirk as I let out a huff of air, "Well, many people said I'm likable," I said sticking my nose up in the air. He laughed. "So, the modeling gig?" I continued.

"Yes, so, I was doing ads for OshKosh and Gap when I was a kid."

"Uh-huh." I nodded.

"It was around the time when we went to the Hamptons for the summer."

"Oh, so you're rich rich."

He shrugged, "We're comfortable."

"Bullshit." I chuckled, "That's what every rich person says."

He laughed, raising his hands in surrender.

"Okay, continue," I said.

"Right, so me mum has friends in high places."

I nodded.

"And after Secondary School, she said it would be such a drag to waste my potential in modeling that she called up friends and... here I am."

"Wow..."

"Yeah, I know it sounds so much like nepotism but if it's any consolation, I did work hard to get where I am."

"You know, what I'm actually surprised of is that she didn't push you to go to College, being she's a feminist and all."

"Well, she believed I'd have more success in modeling after I explicitly said Uni is bollocks."

I nearly spat my drink, "Oh, wow."

"I just know it wasn't meant for me. I wasn't cut out for it."

"And you're cut-out for the runway..."

"Well, I didn't think I was specifically cut-out for the runway, just not for Uni. She was a little surprised when we had the University talk because I was such a big nerd in Secondary School."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, my favorite subject was Physics."

I grinned, "That's amazing."