#40: You're joking, right, Micha?

His hands around me were so warm, his back against mines so soft. Everything felt so right.

Although I knew it wasn't true. That we weren't really together. That there was just that place, here and now, and we were sitting on a bed, me wearing only a very thin night dress and he with only jeans on, and we were hugging.

And I think what the hell is happening.

Then I opened my eyes and understood it was only one of these crazy yet so sweet dreams. Of course I knew they were stupid. I mean .. where would they lead me? Yes, it was true. These dreams .. while being so .. special and .. impossible, they would always make me miss Jason more.

Somehow he was always near me, if it's the right way to put it. But it is possible miss someone who sits right next to, it just depends on how you see it .. And in my situation, I missed Jason mentally, not physically.

However, hugging him is amazing.

***

With all that falling-out and Jason and .. Jake I'd totally forgotten that now, being in high school, we can finally take part in high school dance competition - let's add a little 'yay' here!

Look, I wasn't that person who would organize anything, but happily - I thought I'd never say that - we had Micha, who signed us up.

Us?

"Trust me, it's gonna be amazing. Your remember our dances from basic school, don't you?"

Vampires and absconders? Indeed, Micha. I looked at her ambiguously.

"Oh, c'mon, we made vampires cool before 'Twilight',"

"Really," Chantal, standing next to me, only shook her head.

Michelle gave her a weird look I didn't understand. Then she looked at me. "Caro, I have a surprise for you,"

"You're gonna gift me a voyage to Bill and Tom's house?" I asked excitedly. "Or to 1D's?"

"OMG, of course not! But trust me, you'll like it .. as much, I guess," she smiled foxily.

So that's what she tried to tell Chantal with her look. That surprise. What's that?

***

Close your mouth, Caro. They look at you like you're a weirdo and Zack's grinning like an idiot.

I liked our team. Yeah, I did. I could even close my eyes at Zack, who was obviously pleased with himself at the moment.

I closed my mouth and smiled. Then I dragged Micha away for a second.

"Micha! It's pretty hard for me to bear with his touch and you make me a surprise like this," I hissed.

"Oh, c'mon, don't tell me you don't like it. And wait, what touch?"

"I'm not gonna say I don't like it. But you could have warned meWhat, we're not paired together?"

"It wouldn't have been half as awesome if I had," She parried, ignoring my questions.

I was about to exposit more arguments, but she turned her back at me and looked at our team, where besides Jason - OMG for another time - and Zack there were Chantal, Cassie and Alasia - it seems Micha'd stuck to our original gangdom - and Ian, Mark and Dean from the guys. Yeah, it was the same, too.

"Okay, anyway, everyone's here now," Micha began. "So you're all paired, as I said before: Chantal and Mark, Ian and Alasia, Cassie and Dean, me and Zack and Caroline is with Jason,"