~ diplomatic immunity ~

Start from the beginning

I growl in frustration, "How important?"

'Important enough to know of the existence of Everette.'

"Fine, where do I start."

'You aren't going to like it.'

"Clyde you are wasting my time."

'Parent's live in Quantico, the case is joint with FBI.'

"I will shoot you."

'BAU.'

"Clyde you better hope you still know how to run because when I get back the bullet that was meant for your leg now has strict instructions to reroute to your groin." I seethe, hanging up the phone.

I laugh sounds from behind me and I whip around anger still on my face, "Damn Faye fairy, that was intense, I thought you'd be happy to work with us." Derek jokes, holding out his arms for a hug.

I tilt my head to the side in annoyance, "I'm on vacation, I work more now than I did in the BAU." I state, walking into his arms.

"Oh I know." He comments, wrapping his arms around me snuggly, "We keep up on you." He declares.

I step back from him, one eyebrow raised, "Is that so?"

"Mhm."

"So what do you know?" I ask, walking towards the car.

He shrugs, "You're job, you're cases, that one undercover-" I shut him up with a harsh glare, he chuckles lightly, "And your ex's-"

"Do want to get shot?"

"You wouldn't dare-" he's cut off again when I pull out a gun, clicking off the safety pointing it at him with a blank face. He scrunches his eyebrows together, his profiling face. Sucks to be them since I am now the master at hiding my feelings.

"You can't shoot someone for no reason." he states.

I shrug, "Diplomatic Immunity, I know to much secrets about this country and my country for anything to stick." I claim, my thumb placing the safety back on, shoving my gun in my back pocket, "But I won't shoot you in front of my daughter, she actually wants to meet you."

He recovers quickly, although he was still studying me, "Does that mean you talked about me?"

"Don't feel special Morgan, I talked about all of you." He glances at me sadly, I had never called him Morgan just as I never called anyone of them by their last names. I felt it created an unnecessary boundary between coworkers, although I felt that boundary needed to be set this time around. I still cared for them all deeply and with everything with Eve, I'll be an emotional bitch. Perfect victim for a profiler.

Stopping me a couple feet from Penny's car, he places his hands on my shoulders, "I'm sorry Dani." he says, his voice thick with emotions.

I shrug, "It's not a big deal, I mean a jobs a job." I smile at him awkwardly.

"You aren't the same."

"I'm a mom now."

"No- no that's not it- it's like you gave up everything you believed in and are now an emotionless robot."

"You are so sweet."

"D-"

"Morgan, I left, get over it. People change, it's been 4 years."

"You used to smile all the time..." he trails off.

"You got to have a reason to smile Morgan that's just how it works."

*

"You know technically it takes more muscles to frown then it does to smile." Reid states.

I grunt, "Then it's a good face work out." I reply in clear annoyance. We were having the same conversation Derek and I had. The same conversations Penny and I had. And the list goes on.

"All 43 muscles Dani, it only takes 17 to smile. There is only 43 in the whole face and you are using them all. And actually studies show that people who frown in pictures are 5 times more likely to get a divorce."

"I'm not married."

"Yet."

"Ever."

"You know fear of commitment often stems from childhood, often the first two years of a child's life. Often it's caused by a unhealthy or dysfunctional relationship with a parent or both parents. People claim it's caused by lack of emotional security."

"Reid I just don't want to get married."

"Gamophobia."

"I do not have a phobia of commitment, I've had 4 boyfriends."

"Who were abusive pricks minus Hotch, it would make probable sense that you have commitment issues."

I groan in frustration, "I DO NOT HAVE COMMITMENT ISSUES." I all but shout annoyed. Why did I agree to help work on this case?

"I mean com-"

"REID!" I shout, finally turning to him, "The fact that you are about to be the third person today I threaten to shoot means that I am not in the mood for you to diagnose me with some bullshit just to have a conversation with me."

Derek walks up behind me, "It's true, she threatened me, actually pulled out the gun and pointed it at me." he sets a cup of coffee in front of me, smiling slightly. I roll my eyes at him and gulp down the coffee in one go.

"You know being a victim of physical or sexual abuse often provokes violent behavior."

I'm careful not to tense at his words and instead chuck my empty coffee cup at him, "Reid you need a filter."

Rossi walks up behind me with a chuckle, "It's like you never left." he comments.

I turn around to face him. Just as I was about to respond I make eye contact with honey eyes, though this time they weren't my daughters. My face grows hard and stoic, "I did leave and so help me god the next person who tells me to smile I will shoot. It's not a threat this time rather a promise." I announce, turning around.

"God you're violent." Derek jokes.

"I am not violent, I'm just extremely aggressive."

"At least you're aware."

"Don't we have a girl to find?"