~ becuase i could ~

~ look at that, some people really do crave death ~

I did end up taking Jack to lunch. I had missed him so very much and it was amazing to just sit ask talk with him. He was ten now. He also had a girlfriend. I had tried so hard to not laugh when he had said that.

"Her names Amanda, she's very nice."

I had just nodded and smiled.

And then I took him back to school. And I went back to work. Back to finding him.

"You are testing my patience Clyde. Glasvense is the go between, not my target. This man has ruined my life more often then not. I would like to know how the fuck he escaped."

'It's out of my control Francesca.'

I roll my eyes and hang up, my eyes not leaving the file in front of me.

Garcia runs into my old office, "Do you know why Hotch has a circle on his hand? Do you think it could be skin cancer." She gasps frantically, "Oh my god it could be–"

"He's heading to the store tonight after work, it's my day to pick up Jack." I interrupt her rambling, "I need hoops, he wanted to know what size, I drew a circle." I shrug.

Emily walks into the room, "That is genius." She chuckles, handing me a coffee. I thank her.

"And what about Eve? Is she in school?"

I tense but choose to stay honest as I knew from experience lies get you nowhere, "She's a mini genius. My job is to dangerous, I had her homeschool as to not draw attention."

Emily nods, "Speaking of your job, are you going back after this case?"

"No."

She was shocked by the abrupt answer but nodded, "So what's the plan?"

"I'm going to try and work it out with Aaron. I'll go back into communications probably, it's not safer but it's what I truly love and knowing Aaron, he'd do everything he could to make sure I'm safe."

"Does Aaron know this?"

"I think it's only fair I leave him on his toes."

We laugh a bit, "We should hang out this Saturday."

"Making plans without me?" JJ joked, walking into my old office, shutting the door behind her.

Everyone is quick to deny. "I would but I have some things I need to take care of."

"Do those things relate to why Clyde was shot. He insists it was an accident but I need to find out who did it." Emilys statement caused her to snort.

"I shot him."

It was silent.

"Why?"

"Because I could."

It was silent, "QUEEN!" Garcia shouts, "That's some queen stuff right there."

More silence.

"I think I'm pregnant again." It just slipped out, I was unable to catch it. I was scared. Aaron and I had just barely been back together, we hadn't even talked about why I left. My engagement. Their was also the chance this was my ex's child and not Aaron's. Then the looming threat of Viktor Gladvense. I felt horrible for wishing that I wasn't pregnant but a baby just didn't fit into any of this.

"Jesus Christ, you're worst than JJ." Emily muttered.

I nod, "But it could be a false alarm. I've just been pregnant before and I know how it works, how my body feels and- It's probably a false alarm."

García fiddles with a barrette in her hair, "Have you and Aaron done the nasty."

I nod, "But it's not even been two weeks."

JJ nods along with me, "So it could be Evans."

"Yes."

Emily chuckles, "I can't believe you had sex with the bastard."

I go back to typing.

"She didn't." This voice was new to the group but when I heard it a smile slipped onto my face.

"Samuel!" I shout, hugging him.

"Hey Dani." His grip was just as mine and when I pulled back I wiped a tear from my cheek.

"What are you– why are you here?"

Samuel sighs, "Uh, your friend Viktor called, said you needed some support. An old friend. He mentioned what happened with that Evan guy and I got the first plane down."

I furrowed my brows, "Viktor? Did he mention a last name." My voice was hinting at worry.

"Well no, he just—" and then he was dead. Sniper shot, right through the skull, the bullet smacking into the glass window behind him, alerting everyone of the shooting. The rest of us dropped to the ground, JJ tackling an in shock Penelope.

It was silent, just our heavy breathing. I couldn't take my eyes off of him. I ignored Emilys screams for me to stay down. I wasn't crying, I was barely breathing. "Sam." It was barley audible, the word coming out shaky. Shaky like my hand as I reached for his face. I kept repeating his name, over and over as if he would answer me if I asked enough.

I barely acknowledged that people had entered the room. Barely realized the people calling my name. But I fought. I fought hard against the arms trying to take me away from Sam. I screamed, yelled. I threw punches, kicked, the tears finally came. I was sobbing. Screaming  and sobbing. Fighting. Then his cologne.

It mixed the the blood in the air but it was him. It was Aaron. He had me. He was saying something but I couldn't focus. I just wouldn't let go of him. I had his suit gripped tightly in my grasp. I had stopped crying but I could barely breathe. I was with Aaron but I couldn't take my eyes off of Sam. And when an Agent went towards him I starting screaming  again. At what, for what, I was unsure but I didn't want anyone near him.

So now I was fighting Aaron. Slamming my fists against him chest. Squirming in his arms. Yelling at him to put me down, to let me go to Sam. To get to Sam. Sam. And then I stopped. I collapsed into his arms with a sob. Sam was dead. Sam was gone. I got Sam killed.

Everything was fuzzy. I was scared. I wanted everyone out of the room. What if whoever shot Sam shot someone else. The screaming came back. The sobbing. The begging. The fighting. And Aaron took it. He let me hit him. Let me cry. He held me. And when he went to put me down I refused. Holding him tightly. Begging him to not let me go.

And then I passed out.