~ hannah ~

Fourteen years ago

Fourteen years ago

(tw- mention of unsafe abortion, cutting, abuse, etc)

Francesca stared at the wall silently. She ignored the sound of rain hitting the shutters. Of the static of the now broken telly in the living room. Her eyes studied the pregnancy test in front of her. Positive. She was positively emotionless. Frani never felt more cold. She traced the bruises on her wrist with the metal hanger in her hand and let out a sigh.

Alexander made her take it. Alexander wasn't home. Alexander wanted a kid. Frani was 16. Frani wanted out of this town. She didn't want a kid. She wanted away from Alexander. Away from his harm. She hated how small she seemed. He told her she was gaining weight. They should check to see if she was finally pregnant. He smiled so brightly at the idea. Smiled as if he hadn't held her down. Smiled like the scar on his cheek wasn't from the knife she tried to kill him with. Smiled like she wanted this as well.

Frani smiled. Empty and fold. She sat in front of the flower clad bed. Stared at herself in the huge mirror. Stared at the bottle of bleach in between her legs. Frani wasn't sure which tactic she would use. The hanger was more likely as she planned to run after the fact. She couldn't run if she was dying from toxins.

The hanger caught the light of the sun through the window and Frani dropped it to the ground. Stress should have killed the baby. She was stressed, god she was always stressed. That should have killed the baby. She shouldn't have been doing this. Maybe she could just leave. Through the window. Run away to America, get an abortion when she landed.

Four hours. Four hours of coming up with ways that seemed easier then walking into an abortion clinic. Her father had always said doctors were liars. That MD stood for murder degree. Said they'd pump me full of toxins. Ironic since after rant he snorted a line. Frani pitied the man. Not really, but she was taught to.

Four hours before Frani decided that running away meant she wanted to live and if she wanted to live then she needed to get out now. Get out and get safe. And then once her mind was clear, make a plan for the fetus inside of her.

So she stood. It was sundown and Hannah would be in soon to bring in dinner. The window was too high, she'd die if she left that way. Frani's hands struggled to pry open the metal hanger. A weapon if she could just get it to the shape she needed.

She fumbled as she heard the footsteps leading to the attic. To her location. Her hands shook. The door handle jiggled as her back met the wall next to the door.

Frani's knuckles were white as they held her weapon tightly.

Present

"I was terrified! She tried to kill me!"

Dani smiled, "Keep that tone and I'll try again." She promised, eyes piercing into Hannah's. Dani never like to visit the days of her past. The ones with broken bones and empty homes. The times that she had no one to turn to. Now she had people. She had a family, one she wanted and chose, and her father was trying to take it away from her. 

Hannah's eyes grew wide as she looked back at Rossi, "She just admitted to attempted murder! Arrest her." She insisted, her face screwed up, cheeks flushed. 

Rossi shook his head, "She has immunity I'm afraid." He muttered, "You on the other hand, don't. So I'd keep my story straight. Twenty minutes ago she didn't lay a single hand on you because she was a pussy." Danielle raised her eyebrow, she had never heard Rossi say that word and it kind of amused her. "Ms. Bronson, I would suggest getting a good attorney, you won't be free much longer."

Hannah smirked, "So I'm free as of now?" She questioned, sending a victorious glance towards Francesca, "You can't keep me here?" 

Dani smiled dully at her, "You move even a single centimeter and I can promise you-" 

Hannah rose a brow, "What Frani? What are you going to do? Are you going to try to slit my throat with a metal hanger you were seconds away from tearing out your own uterus with?" Hannah tilted her head to the side, "You aren't-" 

Rossi watched as Francesca stood from her seat, both hands laying flat against the metal interrogation table, "Aren't what, Hannah?" She inquired, leaning forward, towards the older woman's face, "Do you think I gained immunity by attending tea parties? By kissing asses and smiling for pictures?" Rossi turned and sent a look on the two way glass mirror, and eyebrow raised in question as to what he was supposed to do in this situation. 

Dani smiled condescendly, "I am not the same scared little girl you watched get beat for asking for goldfish at the grocery store. Nor am I the same scared little girl who you brought breakfast, lunch, and dinner to well I bawled on the floor of the attic, naked and alone." Dani leaned in even closer, her nose a singular inch away from Hannah's, "Next time, when I decide I want to kill you, I'll be sure to use a government issued handgun and fire a few warning shots into your abdomen to make sure you won't get up a second time." Dani stood up straight, quick, tossing a look at Rossi.  A look Rossi knew meant they were wasting their time. 

Hannah sat still in her chair, watching the two agents close their manilla folders and collect their pens and notes. Dani waited for David to go first and pushed in his chair harshly, causing Hannah to jump in her seat. But the woman played it off, "You will never have the guts to stand toe to toe with your father Francesca. That man will always outsmart you. He will always beat you. You won't win, and I look forward to attending your funeral on your fathers arm." 

Dani didn't say a word as she moved towards the door David already exited out of. As her hand rested on the handle, she turned towards the woman,  pausing for a moment, "That may have been true a year ago Hannah. But that was before he started slaughtering my family in front of me. I've never taken kindly to my father, but now I have all the resources, all the man power, and all the reasons to put a bullet in his head. And I promise you, when the moment comes, I won't hesitate to pull the trigger."