Epilogue

It had been nearly a week since Isolde was defeated and the relief of being free of her was still very much present in the atmosphere of the castle and the town surrounding it. Since the witch was gone there was light, there was laughter and all of the obligations were gone off the people's shoulders, which was something Elora personally made sure was done.

Charlene still hadn't fully recovered from the fact she actually killed someone, but was trying to ignore it as much as she was able to. She was sitting on a window shelf of the window in her room that was overlooking most of the town and was sawing a pattern into a fabric while listening to her friend, trying to make her laugh.

"And then the goat kicked her," Meer finished her story and laughed.

Charlene wasn't really paying attention, but laughed anyways. "I feel sorry for the goat."

Meer laughed once again. "You're a mean little woman."

Charlene showed her a tongue and giggled. "I know."

There was a knock on the door and both turned around. When Charlene called the permission to enter Auberon walked in. "Am I bothering?"

"Yes, get out," said Meer and made Charlene laugh.

"Ok, bye," he said and turned around.

"Ronno," called Charlene and he turned around.

"I came to see how you were doing."

Meer stood up and fixed her servant gown. "I better go wash those clothes of yours." When Charlene began interrupting her, she smiled and shook her head. "I'll come back later."

Before she got out, Auberon made a pink flower and gave it to her, making her giggle. When he saw Charlene fighting her possessive side, he laughed and made her a whole bouquet of red roses. "Better?"

"No, stop giving roses to other girls," she said and accepted the flowers from him. She knew he wouldn't do anything, regardless of his past, but she liked to tease him anyways.

"I meant if you are better," he said with a laugh and sat down next to her. "Even if they are pink?"

Charlene reached up to undo his shirt and revealed a few bruises on his neck. "Now you can." She giggled and leaned into him unconsciously.

Auberon laughed and placed a kiss on top of her head. He loved it that she didn't care about his past, but was possessive in the present, wanting everyone to understand who's he was. "Emmet abandoned me."

"And that reminded you of me? How sweet," she mumbled.

Auberon reached and took a look at the pattern she was making on the white fabric. "What do you want to do?"

"Do you have anything in mind?"

"Leif asked me for a card game earlier. Care for a round?"

"Really? You two are keen on losing again?"

Auberon stood up and threw her over his shoulder. "We'll see who will lose," he said as he carried her out of the room. Castle staff moved away and some of them couldn't help but laugh at the scene in front of them.

"Ronno, put me down," demanded Charlene and kicked for good measure.

"Why?"

"Because I can walk," she said as if she was telling him something he had never heard of before. "Seriously, put me down, please."

Auberon put her down and smirked. "Whatever you say, damsel."

With a quick move of her foot she tripped him, but didn't let him fall as she caught him and leaned his upper body on her leg. "What did you call me?"

Auberon laughed and pulled her face down into a kiss. "Not a damsel in distress."

Elora walked past and rolled her eyes. "Lenny, there is a bit of a problem and I would like your take on it."

Charlene pulled Auberon from the tilt and looked at her mother. "You want my opinion on the subject?" she asked with her eyebrows raised. "Of course, I'd love to." She looked at Auberon. "Save me a seat?"

Elora took Charlene's hand in hers and pulled her daughter into the direction of the throne room.

Auberon walked down the corridor and stopped in front of a mirror. His stubble was getting out of control, but that was nothing compared to the burns that used to be there. She turned around to see a few ladies in waiting staring at him with hungry gazes. He rolled his eyes and continued his way down the hall.