forty seven - golden

Harry jolted from his peaceful sleep at the sound of aggressive banging on his window. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and squinted across the room. The window squeaked quietly as it lifted, and then Louis jumped through excitedly.

"Louis, are you serious?" Harry groaned loudly. He reached for his phone on the nightstand to check the time, then buried his head in the pillow once again. "We still have two hours before we're supposed to be at Niall's. I had so much more time to sleep."

With no warning, his boyfriend jumped on top of him. Harry groaned again, but couldn't hide the smile that spread across his face as Louis straddled his stomach.

"What are you up to now, then?" Harry asked, laughing as his hands found Louis's waist and squeezed lightly. Looking up at the older boy, Harry felt content to just admire his beauty and take in the warmth of Louis's presence.

Without a word, Louis held out a piece of paper, shaking it a bit for emphasis. He grinned like a little kid, his silent excitement radiating from his entire body as he tried to contain the words threatening to explode from his mouth.

Harry squinted again as he tried to make out the words on the page, finally reaching out to steady Louis's hand. "I can't read it when you're bouncing around like that, silly."

"Fine, I'll just tell you," Louis blurted out, unable to handle the anticipation for another second. "I got accepted to college!"

"Oh my god, Louis!" Harry exclaimed. He sat up immediately -- as quickly as he could with Louis still in his lap -- and wrapped his arms around the older boy, holding him tightly. "I'm so happy for you," he said honestly, unable to keep the smile from his face.

Louis buried his face in Harry's neck and sighed contentedly. "Your letter will come soon. A whole new chapter in our lives," he murmured reassuringly against Harry's skin. He pulled back after a few moments to lock eyes with his boyfriend. "But some things are going to stay the same. I promise."

Harry blushed, taking his bottom lip between his teeth in his usual nervous habit. And, as usual, Louis couldn't resist the curly-haired boy, leaning forward to connect his lips with Harry's lingering smile.

/

Louis dropped Harry off at Niall's house before he went to pick up Liam. Liam's house was just a short drive past Niall's (and Harry naturally didn't mind spending more time with his boyfriend), but Louis was still feeling a bit paranoid about his friendship with Liam. He wanted to take any opportunity he could to mend their relationship after the serious fights they'd been in over the past year. Even if that just meant spending a few minutes alone in the car together and chatting about life before they joined Harry and Niall.

Harry knew that Liam had forgiven Louis completely, but he didn't mind giving the two some alone time. If it would help make Louis feel better, he would do almost anything.

After stepping through the front door of the giant house, Harry closed it gently behind him. He sometimes felt afraid he would break something in his friend's house, especially since he knew that nearly everything was expensive.

Still, he also knew that Niall would take the blame to his parents for anything clumsy that Harry did, which made him feel a bit better.

"Niall?" he called, his voice echoing through the entryway.

"I'm downstairs!"

Harry headed for the basement. When he reached the bottom of the stairs, he found his friend untangling wires behind the TV. Niall looked up when he heard Harry's footsteps, his face lighting up when he saw the other boy.