sixteen - sick

Although not consciously, Louis started avoiding Harry a bit. Louis always wanted to please people, and his idea of being in a relationship meant keeping Eleanor happy, despite how unhappy he was when he didn't see Harry all the time.

Every second away from Harry felt like a lifetime, and Louis's days were starting to feel longer and longer.

Harry, on the other hand, was too observant for his own good. While Louis just kept living his life, Harry spent hours on end wondering what had happened between him and Louis. He could only see Louis distancing himself for no reason.

Harry thought he was doing the right thing by telling Louis to go see Eleanor that night -- he couldn't see that Louis felt that Harry was pushing him away. While Harry was trying to be a good friend, Louis for once just wanted Harry to admit that he wanted something more.

After a week or two, Harry got used to Louis not calling as much. It hurt, but he could respect what Louis wanted. One day after school, though, while Harry was laying in bed blasting sad music, his phone rang.

"Hello?" Harry answered.

"Harry?"

"Lou? What's wrong?" Harry asked immediately upon hearing Louis's raspy voice through the phone.

"I feel terrible," Louis coughed.

"Do you need help? Are you alright?" Harry stood up quickly and headed for the door. He froze as he remembered that he and Louis weren't exactly on good terms, swaying with uncertainty in the doorway. "What do you need?"

"I'm so sick," Louis groaned. Harry could hear him flopping back onto his bed. Although Harry felt terrible for him, he thought optimistically that maybe could explain why Louis was avoiding him.

"Oh," Harry said, turning and heading back to his bed. He sat carefully on the side, still unsure of the situation. "What do you want me to do?"

"Come over and take care of me," Louis spoke softly.

Harry frowned. It was a school night and his mother was out of town on a week-long trip, but he had no way to get to Louis's house. "Lou, I can't drive," he replied, genuinely feeling bad. "I'm sorry, I really wish I could."

"It's okay, love, I forgot you don't drive. Don't worry about me, yeah?"

"Alright, feel better, Lou," Harry replied, cheeks flushing red at the nickname. "Sorry again."

"It's okay, Haz. I'll see you soon," Louis said before ending the call.

Harry groaned, falling back down onto his bed. He hated that Louis had so much power over him, even when he should be angry with the other boy for avoiding him. Just one call and Harry was back in Louis's hands.

When a knock came at the door, Harry groaned again and rolled out of bed. The man who dropped off their packages always knocked at the door as though he were a guest and then disappeared. It frustrated Harry every single time the man did it.

He pulled open the front door aggressively, mentally cursing out the delivery man, but instead of a package on the ground, he saw a pair of worn out Vans. He slowly raised his gaze, raking his eyes all the way up the smaller figure standing before him.

And once again, Harry definitely should have been angry, but when he found himself looking into those beautiful blue eyes, that emotion just didn't exist to him anymore.

"I didn't think I was up to climbing through the window today," Louis coughed, pulling his jacket more tightly around his small body with a slight shiver.