prolouge

Tadashi was a quiet kid, but was often bullied for, well, everything. His greenish-brown hair, his freckles, how weak he was, and the fact he was pretty openly gay. He just wasn't sure how to hide it. He was bullied and beat up every day, for as long as he could remember. His home life was just as shitty, with the abuse his parents put him through. They never wanted kids in the first place, and blamed him for everything. The only reason they bother keeping him around is for free labor, and something to use to get their frustrations out on. They're almost never sober, and the only time they are, is when they have company, or were visiting family. Those are also the only time they treat tadashi like a human, besides not abusing him on his birthday. They dont let him eat much, except their leftovers, and a few scraps for breakfast. 

His parents were also homophobes, and his father started raping him when they found out he's gay. he didn't even tell them! They just... knew. He doesn't know how they even found out. He was treated horribly, and when he wasn't needed to do chores, he was either being beaten, raped, yelled at, threatened, whipped, or locked in his room, which was the basement. He would be locked in there for days, but there were multiple rooms in the basement. His parents locked him in the division that was his room, but they didn't know he had the door keys. They never bothered with a lock on the other side, of either door, because if anyone saw it, they knew it would be suspicious. Besides, both doors already needed keys on the inside. That's how they made them. Yes they knew they didn't know where the keys were, but they just figured they had lost them. They dont need them anyways.

He actually considered himself slightly lucky. He had a window that was big enough for him to use to get out. If he wanted to, he could just climb out. Also he was only locked in during the weekends. He had a phone and headphones, and books, but the books were on the other side of the locked door, however since he had the keys, it wasn't a problem for him. He knew all the times his parents would either feed him or give him water. He knew when they would be out, since they were always out at the same time. He knew when it was safe for him to leave when he was being locked in, but he was deathly scared that his parents would catch him. So when he did go into the other parts of the basement, it wasn't for long.

When he knew he was safe, he would unlock the basement door, and carefully steal some money from his parents, and a few beers from the fridge. His parents never really cared. They always get blackout drunk anyways, so they always figured that they had drank more than they thought. They didn't think that their son would steal them, and they never bothered with security anyways. He would steal some cigarettes' and lighters, and his parents never noticed. If he was feeling even more so like he needed to take the edge off, he would steal some of his parents weed. He knows he shouldn't, but he doesn't care at this point. He would go back to his room, and grab a mask and hoodie, along with a cap to hide his hair. He never bought anything that needed his identity, but he dressed like that to hide it anyways. If anyone asked, he would just say he's sick, but felt like going for a walk. He wasn't dumb enough to drink outside of his house, or smoke the weed outside of it either, so he just smoked a cig or two in a ally. 

He would return after he was done smoking, and had bought a few things, like some food. Sure, he could live off of what his parents gave him, but he needed more. So he would buy protein and cereal bars, along with beef jerkey. It kept his strength up, so he wouldn't pass out at school. He'd buy his own supply of painkillers too seeing as that was one of the few things his parents would notice were getting lower faster than usual. Then he would be beaten more. He'd buy bandages and razors, gauze and stuff to keep the first aid kit in the basement bathroom stocked. 

This Friday afternoon was no different. He got home and his parents were dunk and high. He could smell it on them. They started yelling at him for making their lives miserable, and they hated him. They had his stuffed dinosaur that a kid gave to him a long time ago. He doesn't remember who the kid was, or what they look like. They were the only friend tadashi had when he was 4, but the kid moved away when he was 6. Its been 9 years, and he no longer remembers the kids name or face. All he remembers is that the boy was indeed a boy, and he was taller than him. They were threatening to tear the dino up, and set him on fire if he didn't behave. He'd get him back later when they tossed him in his room, because they no longer have a use for it. They always do.

As per usual, tadashi tried to defend himself from the beatings, but still got beat badly. His parents, sober or drunk, are smart enough not to hit his face. That would raise suspicion, and they would lose their slave. As usual, tadashi was forced to make dinner after his beatings, and his father, as usual had his twisted 'fun' with his son. Tadashi always tried not to cry, but a few tears would always slip out. He hated it. He didn't want it. His father came inside of him, 2 or 3 times, and pulled out. He tossed his son down the stairs, with his clothes and stuffed dino, and walked down after his son, who tumbled down harshly. He yelled at his son, "PICK UP YOUR SHIT, SLUT!"

Yamaguchi did so in a scared way, and he was practically thrown into his room, the door slammed and locked behind him. Yamaguchi was tired. He tossed his dino plush on his mattress, and pulled on some pj's. He barley made it to his mattress, when sleep claimed him, and he passed out onto his mattress, face first.

I'm sorry for making yamaguchi abused and a drug user! I promise you all that by the end of the book he's gonna be the happy cinnamon roll we know!