| 12 |

| Chapter Twelve |[13k words]A/N: Sometimes I feel like I use too many gifs/pics but whatever 😳 i know some people find long chapters hectic but oopsie

| Chapter Twelve |
[13k words]
A/N: Sometimes I feel like I use too many gifs/pics but whatever 😳 i know some people find long chapters hectic but oopsie.

| Chapter Twelve |[13k words]A/N: Sometimes I feel like I use too many gifs/pics but whatever 😳 i know some people find long chapters hectic but oopsie

--------

"Jungkook," she whispered, but it wasn't easy to wake someone up so hesitantly. Not when he seemed to have a hard time even breathing: completely overwhelmed by something else in his nightmare and she knew all too well that it was what a trauma does to one. "Jungkook, you're having a —" she glanced over her shoulder and thankfully the librarian had her earphones in, "— you're having a nightmare. Jungkook, wake up."

Soyun got us from her seat quietly to go over to him. She gently shook his shoulders a few times until he actually woke up, eyes snapped wide with cold sweat glazing his profile.

"Are you... are you all right?" she asked quietly, sitting down. Her heartbeat unknowingly quickened from watching, "You look pale too."

His eyes blinked a few times, still feeling dizzy and the sunlight peeking from the windows irritated his head even more. She stood up and blocked it.

"You —" he gently put away her hand before she was going to stroke his back and sighed hoarsely, "I'm okay."

She nodded and just went along with it, still sitting beside him and facing him. Anyone could tell that he was shaken up. She watched with a concerned look as he wiped his sweating, pale face with his hands, then his hands over it for several heavy seconds.

"Uh, I said I'm okay." he turned to her, his elbows still on the table as his other hand covered his hot forehead, "So, why are you still staring? Did I snore too loud?"

"What? No," she stuttered, eyes darting around the library when his gaze lingered on her, "You were mumbling things in your sleep."

His brows twitched and she felt weirdly intimidated, expecting a possible snap... but the atmosphere changed completely when he just chuckled. A breathy laugh. He was still ragged by his sleep or the nightmare from the nap; it felt like he was covering for something with the dashing facade.