| 37 |

| Chapter Thirty-seven |[36

[36.8k words]

8k words]

--------

"So, what's he up to?" Jackson asked with a skeptic look.

Hoseok shrugged, turning back to the file in his hand that he had been reading focusedly since the afternoon.

"Just napping, hopefully."

They couldn't help but doubt the other vigilante's truthfulness at times, honestly. The approval was still pending while Haneul has already made a move.

"Have you found anything, by the way?"

Hoseok glanced at him once and moved his eyes to the page on his lap serenely, "A few things."

"But Hoseok, are we really going to wait for a whole week for this? One of us is in danger and we're letting laws hold us back?" Jackson frowned.

Hoseok sighed with a grimace, ignoring the question reluctantly. He was their leader so they often turned to him whenever they had to decide an action, or when they simply had disbeliefs, reports and disagreements. They were vigilantes.

"If we just wait around for an approval from some people above, what's the point of being —"

"Do you want the past to repeat?" he cut off coolly. "If we go, only our side would because it's breaking the laws anyway." he laid his back in his chair and groaned aloud, Jackson falling quiet afterward. "Damn it. Believe me, I don't like this situation at all."

There were only the two of them in the archive room after the rest left to their discussed posts and it was probably the only reason he would show himself having a headache; Hoseok knew Jungkook well and the friend's emotion-driven resolves, and he knew that the guy had done some mischiefs under their noses too — he could never be sure if the man was still hung up on topics from a week ago or anytime. He didn't like ordering people around or being too stiff, so he couldn't always keep an eye on him like an owl in case the vigilante would start to not trust him instead but right now, he was feeling uneasy.

"Anything could happen..." he murmured, "I just have a bad feeling."

Seoul was glowing under the dark blue night skies with no storms and no bloodshed but shouts were ringing throughout the roads. Civilians were panning their eyes around with uncertainty. Policemen were still patrolling almost every corner because after all, trouble has no scent.