| 28 |

| Chapter Twenty-eight |[18k+ words]A/N: Long for a reason I guess 🕴️

[18k+ words]
A/N: Long for a reason I guess 🕴️

| Chapter Twenty-eight |[18k+ words]A/N: Long for a reason I guess 🕴️

•••

"Thank you so much, Soyun-ssi you don't understand how grateful I really am, I'm just so —"

"You're welcome sir, it's only right that you stay safe for the honesty you gave us." she chuckled politely as she led Dong-Il into the elevator.

"Really, when I decided to find you, I thought I was going to meet a sharp-tongued and very solemn agent." the man said.

"Uh, what made you assume that?" she pressed the buttons with a half-hearted chuckle.

"I just assumed so because you were young and that acknowledged as an agent. What was I thinking, your parents were both warm-hearted too. But I also saw how you threw fists at the kidnappe —"

"Does that mean you knew my parents well?" she thought to ask after much hesitance.

"Oh. I wouldn't say so, but Hee-Ae was close to your mother because she admired her as a criminologist. With your father, I usually see him coming to the station every now and then because he was an investigator. I had to go bring him some files when he was in libraries, which ended up with him treating me to coffee." he said as the lift started going down and Soyun held back her second-hand flattered smile, "It was impressive in a way, how a couple could work that well together in close departments."

"I get that, I used to think there would be audience complications at workplaces if they ever fight." she said jokingly. Her mind went to Namjoon for some reason because he really was the only one at the office who would use confusing terms with her.

"The thing is that they probably never fight, they just do their work together all the time or discussing through calls. Your father, Seungwon, would shamelessly just call your mother on the spot in the library when he needed ideas. And I thought that was very refreshing to see." Dong-Il said, shortly amused at her insert but then laughed nervously, "He always worked like a rushing person though, I don't know how to put it."