𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

𝖏𝖚𝖐𝖊 𝖏𝖆𝖒
❝ 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐙𝐄 ❞
𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟓

        𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 was the best place to celebrate such a useless age, seventeen. Though, it was just enough to make the day feel somewhat better than it was, and James Moreau knew that when he convinced Shontelle to let the crew into one of the bottles of vodka for his special occasion. He considered it a gift from the grumpy bartender since she did always say she had a soft spot for the group of six, even though she made him pay for it.

"Everyone better chip in their $2.50 for this bottle, I ain't got all the funds like that." he announced, placing the bottle down onto the glossy, purple table. He plonked himself beside Azryah with a giddy smile.

"Why we gotta pay when you're the only one wanting to get wasted?" Amari grumbled.

"Because it's my birthday, and y'all are great friends," he winked. Azryah tutted, taking the bottle from his hands and opening it.

"You wanna go first, birthday boy, or are you just gonna keep blabblin'?" she poured a decently sized shot, just for James to top it up a little more.

"Thank you, Ry," he grinned, downing the contents of the cup without a second thought.

"I'on really wanna drink, so someone else pay my bill." Reggie added. He had recently seen the light and started smoking weed, after being influenced by his older cousin, Zion, that was essentially his long-lost sibling. He'd been drunk once, and he hated it. He swore to himself that he'd keep away from it for as long as he could.

A roll-up, however, always peaked his interest. Initially starting as bonding time with the only family he had somewhat near his age, it became a reflex to Reggie, meaning he always had a few blunts on him wherever he went. It may have been a terrible habit for his ripe age of sixteen, but he didn't seem to mind—he didn't reek of it, so he was good.

Naomi raised her attention from her phone, once Reggie spoke. "You've got yo' shit on you, don't you?" she pulled a face. Reggie almost instantly rolled his eyes. Naomi wasn't the happiest about his new-found hobby. She was easily referred to as the "raisin" of the six, since she liked to be the most tame and responsible, which Reggie thought was a load of bullshit.

"We ain't drinkin' or smokin' tonight." she stated firmly.

"You mean you aren't, Nae. I wanna smoke, Reg." Azryah beamed.

"No, none of us are." Naomi instructed. "You know how your dad is, Azzie, and you, sir," she poked Reggie, who smoothly cocked his head to look at his girlfriend, "gotta stop being a bad influence."

"Don't worry, yeah, I'ma get you on the wave so you can chill out," Naomi scowled at his smug grin, quarreling with him while Renee simply sighed.

"I'on think we should drink or smoke," she spoke up, leaning into Amari, who enveloped her under his arm. After a smackdown of encouragement, Renee and Amari finally got together. He really did like her, and he was grateful that it ceased his odd infatuation with Azryah.

"I'm with Ren." Amari agreed.

"Okay, so all of you are boring as hell." James tutted, "It's my birthday and none of y'all wanna do some stupid shit wit' me?" he sulked.

"You forgetting that I'm sitting here too, nutjob," Azryah rolled her eyes, and took a shot that she poured out, just to make him feel better.

"Nah, hol'up, Azzie, a nigga's gonna have to wait, 'cause I got some juicy shit to tell you." Naomi interrupted. "Gael was talking so much 'bout you to me last night on Messenger, telling me to get him wit' you."