𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊

𝖏𝖚𝖐𝖊 𝖏𝖆𝖒
❝ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐂𝐘 ❞
𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟔

        𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐒 flooded Reggie's head, as his mouth uncontrollably gaped. He gently touched her hands while thinking of the right thing to say, "You serious? When?"

"Last time you were here." she answered. "I was gonna to tell you earlier but it seemed better with everything else." Once she looked up at him, she chuckled at how he could barely understand what was going on—it was the most emotion he'd shown in a while. "You happy?" she seemed to ask quite uneasily.

Reggie broke into a large smile, as his eyes soon brimmed with tears, "Of course I'm happy, why wouldn't I be?"

"I thought it would be another burden on you," Naomi shrugged. Reggie shook his head, as he shifted closer to her. He took each of her hands in his and sighed.

"I'm so sorry I got you feelin' like this and I'ma do better, I promise, for all of us." he promised. "But they definitely gon' be dreading it out like me when they older." Coleman was a lover of children, never letting Naomi hear the last of how many times he was going to knock her up. Considering that he was an only child and had quite a small family altogether, he was wanting to make sure that the future family reunions would be outrageous.

Naomi burst into giggles, "I'on know who fooled yo' ass, boy,"

"It's gonna happen, Nae," he stated, now moving his hands to her cheeks. The couple stared at each other for a moment, as Reggie took a second to actually see his woman in the warm light that highlighted the highest points of her bone structure. He exhaled.

He leaned in and pressed a soft kiss on her lips, instantly feeling her satisfied smile that arose against his. They kissed for a short few seconds before he pulled back, whispering into her lips, "I'm so happy right now, you don't even know."

"Don't swallow each other, damn." James snickered, as he approached the table with Azryah comfortably tucked underneath his arm. After talking a whole lot, she ended up losing terribly at Hoops, Walters was sucking up to Moreau in hopes that he would reconsider about dramatically rubbing it in her face—but she knew he would never give that opportunity up. She gently played with his fingers, taking some time to investigate a few of the flashy rings he was wearing, once they sat down at the original glossy, purple table booth. "Reg looks like he just won the lottery, you good?"

"I'm pregnant." Naomi said outright. James and Azryah's mouths fell simultaneously, however their audible reactions were handled by Renee who had just reached the booth with Amari.

"Pregnant?! Real talk?" she gaped. Naomi nodded contendedly. Renee squealed and slid into the booth to hug Naomi. "Congratulations, guys!"

"Do you know when you're due?" Amari asked, sliding in to the end of the booth.

"Next January, they think, I'm hittin' the second trimester in about a week." she explained.

"Name them after me, if y'all have a girl," Azryah grinned with her suggestion, "'Azra' sounds cute as hell!"

"Save that for us, can't be giving them all of our good ideas." James tutted, pulling her back as she'd bounced out of his hold from excitement. She seemed to simmer down almost immediately, snuggling back into her previous position beneath his left arm.

"We'll think about it, Azzie." Naomi reassured.

"Uh, no, sir. That suggestion is terrible, Ry," Reggie interjected teasingly. She kissed her teeth and whacked his arm as he giggled. Finally turning to look over at Walters was when he noticed her and Moreau's closeness. "Ooh, y'all are comfortable there." Recalling their tense hug when they'd first arrived, it looked like a lot had changed in about two or so hours. "What about that kid, Isaiah?"