𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

𝖏𝖚𝖐𝖊 𝖏𝖆𝖒
❝ 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐔𝐒 ❞
𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟔

        𝐑𝐄𝐆𝐆𝐈𝐄 Coleman let out a heavy, relieved sigh, once he took a seat back behind the glossy purple table after successfully convincing Naomi that he was too tired to keep dancing; she finally gave in when a song she hadn't recognized began playing. It wasn't any better that the rest of the crew seemed to have disappeared into thin air and dispersed around the building.

Nonetheless, Naomi straightened in her seat, as she peered her attention over to her boyfriend. Not having seen him in months was eating away at her and she wanted to shower him in love and affection, but he didn't seem reciprocal. His eyes were heavy behind his orange-lensed, aviator glasses, he gazed up to find her beaming.

"What you smiling so much about?" he mumbled so quietly that she had to lean very close to actually catch it over the music. She remained near as she replied.

"Because I'm glad to see you. It's been a long ass minute, baby," she replied—as tired as Reggie was, her smile was contagious enough to stretch the fatigued pout on his lips. "See, you finally smilin', I'm tired of you being cranky as shit."

All he could muster was a scoff, as he relaxed farther into his seat. Naomi continued to giddily talk, paying no mind to his tired expression.

The two hadn't seen each other for almost two months, so it was safe to say that Beaumont was just excited to see him again. With Coleman's Fashion Gala in the next coming weeks, he was filled to the brim with unfinished designs and sleepless nights planning and decorating. He never liked to admit that it caused problems with other aspects of his life—the most major one being his relationship—but it was pretty certain that it was straining him.

"Tell me, tell me, tell me, what designs have you done? Did you like the one I did up for you?" she quizzed. He nodded softly.

"Darleen gon' be working on that one for you. I got it sized for you so you can model it for just me whenever you want." Naomi chuckled, resting herself in his arms.

"Oh! I got a few things planned for us to do while you're here. I wanted to celebrate you a lil', ya' know," she explained, she gazed back at him when she heard him audibly sigh.

"I gotta get some sleep, Nae," he replied.

"Yeah, but you ain't finna sleep the whole time you here, right? We gotta do somethin' together before you leave next Sunday. I haven't spent time wit' you in ages, Reg." she frowned.

"My flight back is on Tuesday." She pulled away to look at him properly; considering that it was Saturday, it most definitely felt like a slap in the face.

"Are you serious? Yo' ass told me Sunday." she scoffed dryly.

"Well, things change," he shrugged nonchalantly.

"So, I'm just not gonna get any time with you at all—only, what, two days?" she exasperated, crossing her arms. "If you not asleep the whole fuckin' time." she muttered.

"I can't do much about it, Naomi, this Gala is really important to me and my career—"

"More than us? Me?" she interrupted.

Reggie sighed, readjusting his seating and rethinking his words to avoid her making assumptions. Their long distance was clearly having an effect on their relationship. Naomi thought for years that she wouldn't be able to compete with some of the women Reggie might come across and throw themselves at him, but it seemed that for years she was actually competing with his never-ceasing passion for his career. He was always designing, always creating, always in the studio, always too busy for her.