𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

𝖏𝖚𝖐𝖊 𝖏𝖆𝖒
❝ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐈 ❞
𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟕

𝐓𝐇𝐄 capacity of people that Rollacity could hold was always challenged during the weekends, no wonder it was so difficult for Azryah Walters to be able to locate James in the crowd. She defeatedly walked over to the bar, where Shontelle was wiping down the surfaces. She glanced up at the sight of her approaching.

"Why you frownin'? You gon' mess up yo' pretty lil' face?" she commented, leaning forward on the table. "You good?"

"Have you seen James?" Azryah heaved, her eyes scouring the crowded area of dancing bodies. "He stormed off somewhere," she mumbled.

"What's going on? He didn't look very happy." Shontelle pried. Azryah noticed the parental look on her face, similar to the one her father gave her when she'd been caught out on a lie, she averted her gaze.

"Do you know where he is?" she asked again. Shontelle sighed and pointed to one of the secluded booths away from the bustling party. Once Walters looked in that direction, she noticed Moreau slouched in his seat, fiddling with one of the menus in the warm hue of the dim lights. "Thanks." she muttered, trudging over.

She waited until he acknowledged her, before she spoke up. He folded the menu's soft board material back and forth, pressing down against the crease, folding it over and repeating the same on the opposite side. Azryah finally heaved and sat across from him when he managed to ignore her long enough.

"What's wrong?" Azryah asked. "What is wrong with me talking to another nigga, 'cause obviously it bothers you." James didn't answer, his eyes successfully remained focused on the menu. "Bruh," she smacked her lips, leaning in, "you being so damn childish right now, Jay."

He clenched his jaw and continued folding. She scoffed wryly, moving along the seat and sitting beside him. She ripped the menu from his hands and chucked it across the red, glossy table. He sighed and stared at his long fingers laying flat on the table.

"Can you answer me? You ain't got no right to be mad, when you talk to other girls yourself," she exasperated, nudging his shoulder. "If you got a problem, state that shit here and now, bruh, 'cause I'm tired of this back-and-forth shit."

"I ain't talkin' to no one right now, while you chatting up college niggas," he finally spoke up, his gaze remaining averted from hers.

"So? You actin' like we gotta be in relationships at the same time, like bitches that be syncing they motherfuckin' period," she tutted, "you single, what does that gotta do with me? I'm talkin' to someone, what the fuck does that gotta do wit' you?"

The more Azryah spoke, the harsher her words sounded, and the harder they were hitting James. She finally caught herself, falling silent and anticipating his reaction, in which he didn't have one. She sharply exhaled, squeezing the bridge of her nose, "I'm sorry."

Silence ensued... until, "You like him?" he muttered. He couldn't bear to look at her, it would just make the anger in her words all the more real.

"...Yeah, I do." she said confidently.

James bit his lip, gently nodding his head. He inhaled deeply, as he leaned further into his seat, finally raising his eyes to Azryah who tried her hardest to conceal her emotions. "So, you just gon' forget about us?" he questioned.

"There ain't an 'us', Jay,"

"Yes, there is, there always has been. It's pretty obvious we want to be with each other." he stated firmly.