Chapter one: A Tumultuous Life Revamped

Start from the beginning

In her eyes I can see just how scared she really is, but no matter how scared or lonely she looks I must do this. I must put her in her place, there are no other acceptable options. I gather myself and swing my arm back, no hesitation as I punch her across the face.

Katelyn looks like it really hurt and somewhere deep inside where I shove all the feelings and things I didn't want to deal with, a part of me is hurting with her. I keep on punching her multiple times, while I tell how worthless she is to the pack in general and me in particular. The only indication I am hurting her, is the look on her face. Not a sound crosses her lips. No one have heard her cry in years. Her own way of fighting back. A way of defying us. I will never tell her this, but I respect her for that. For not breaking in the face of our treatment. I finish up the beating with a swift kick to the stomach and turn around, heading back to the pack house.

Katelyn's pov

I can see the shock in Dylan's eyes. Honestly, I am too. It doesn't take long for the shock to turn into rage and he starts to beat me up.

It don't hurt one bit. At least not before he kicks me. It's strange that it don't hurt, since he is soon-to-be-beta in the pack. It should have hurt more than it did. Now that I've begun thinking about it, it wasn't only Dylan's beating that has been hurting less. It has been everyone's.

I try to sit up, but my ribs hurt too much to move, so I flop gracelessly back down and lay still.

"Katelyn are you okay?" my inner wolf Snagala ask.

"No. My ribs hurt like hell, I can't even sit up" I inform her, frustration slipping into my voice.

"...I'm sorry Katelyn I should have done something" She apologize. It pains me to hear her apologizing when it wasn't her fault.

"It's alright Snagala, I've tried worse" I explain. "It's not your fault at all, don't ever think that again."

She is silent for a bit. "But I still feel guilty about it." She whimpers.

"Don't feel guilty, okay?" I utter.

"I'll try not to Katelyn, but I don't like seeing you hurt and not being able to help you." Snagala agree.
----------------------

After laying there on the forest floor, I let my exhaustion take me to sleep. Away from the pain and suffering.

I wake up in the warm arms of my best friend, Lukas. He is the delta of the pack, so he kind of knows how I feel, especially because his half-brother is Gavin. A delta is someone in the pack who is a part of a pack, but not provided for by the pack. Lukas technically must hunt his own food and get his own clothes. The pack have no obligation to him, other than pack bonds and a place to sleep. All because his father was cheating on his wife and got Lukas out of the deal.

"Lukas..." I said sleepily, my voice hoarse. I try to blink some of the sleep away from my eyes, with no results.

"Yes Katie?" He replies and glance down at me with a smile.

Lukas is the only one in the whole pack who calls me Katie. I hope he will be my mate, so we can leave together for a better place, where we can be fully accepted and welcomed.

With him already being 16, I won't have to wait to find out if he is my mate. When both mates in a Pair turns 16, they will be able to feel the general direction of their mate, till they find each other. When they look into each other's eyes, they know for sure because the world stops for a moment and you can feel a tentative bond with them in your mind. If the Pairing is rejected, the bond will break. It is possible to restore but it takes a lot of dedication from both sides. This is what happened with Lukas father the Alpha, the Luna of the pack or the alpha mate, broke their bond. However, after the Alpha earned her forgiveness, they spent years reestablishing it.

"What time is it Lukas?" I ask yawning.

" It is almost 4" He answers with a light chuckle.

"Really? I thought I was out here longer than that" I state with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah... and you're lucky it was only me who noticed you were gone" He says and frowns lightly. He don't like how I am treated, but he can't do anything to stop it.

"Alright and uhm... thanks Lukas." I say and smile, snuggling closer to him.

"No problem. Now, let's get you up to your room, so you can get some sleep, before you need to make dinner, alright?" He say almost questioning but not quite. Lukas starts to walk towards my room.

I don't bother replying, my eyes already closing again.

I distantly feel Lukas tucking me into bed, I fall into a deeper sleep knowing he is keeping me safe.

_____________________________________________________________________________

After Lukas wakes me up from my nap, I go downstairs, and starts to make dinner. Making dinner with a likely fractured rib is a challenge, I would not have chosen that of my own violation. In this case, I feel quite lucky to have accelerated healing. Even with my healing factor it will still take a couple of days before it will be healed completely and that's only if nothing aggravates it further.

After dinner is done and I have washed the dishes, I head back to bed wishing for tomorrow to be a better day. Even if it's a fool's dream, I can't help wishing for something to change. Anything really. But I'm not that lucky.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

So the new chapter one is here! I hope you guys like it and that it might entice some of you into reading the rest of the book on Hinovel. There will be weekly updates, so you don't have to wait long for new chapters.

The link to the book like promised: https://enbook.hinovel.com/?preference=1&lang=en&book_id=2682

It can also be found by searching on the name "The Elemental Werecat" or my author name sejeriakat.

I think that was all, if you have any questions or anything don't hesitate to either comment them here or write me privately.

Have a nice day ^.^

-Maria