Apologies dosn't fix everything

Third person pov.

Everything was going as it should most from both packs had become notably faster, and had gotten far more stamina. Katelyn had trained her powers with Luke. Everyone was on edge, everyone just knew it was only a matter of time before the rouges would make their move and all were aware that not everyone would make it back it back alive.

Katelyn was making her way back to the pack house after another training session with Lukas when Steffen corned her. She tried to get past him but she wasn't successful. She tried again but this time Steffen grabbed her wrist. "Katelyn listen to me." "Why should I? You never listened to me." "Katelyn come on, what's the harm in hearing me out, I promise once you have heard what I have to say I will leave you alone, I won't bother you again unless its life or death." Its wasn't his words that got her to listen it was the look in his eyes. "Alright you have 3 minutes." Steffen let out a smile then he started to talk. "I wanted to say sorry Katelyn for everything, I was such a dickhead back then, and I regret everything I have ever done to you. I know your mad at me and probably hate me, and I deserve it, but Katelyn please forgive me." Katelyn froze up, she knew what he wanted to say, but this for her it was absurd. So when she finally spoke her words were full of venom. "Forgive you!!! You made my life a living hell for years, and expect a few sweet words and a I'm sorry to be enough, do you think I'm still a stupid and naïve little girl, your wrong!!! But I guess I should thank you for making me strong, so thank you, but I won' forgive nor forget. Bye Steffen." With that Katelyn made Steffen release his hold on her wrist, and stormed of. "I WILL MAKE YOU FORGIVE ME KATELYN, I WILL SHOW YOU I'M WORTHY OF YOUR FORGIVENESS." Steffen yelled after Katelyn.

Katelyn pov.

How dare he come here and say something like that as if I would ever forgive an asshole like him. Like he deserve a second chance. "Katelyn are you okay?" Marci asked, "you look like a thundercloud, what happened?" "Steffen the bastard thinks that with a few sweet words I'm gonna forgive him." I ranted to Marci. "You poor thing what do you say about girls night, with Amy, Rose and me." Over the past few days, Rose and Amy had proven to be useful, they showed us how the rouges fight, and gave us advice, and they got along perfectly fine Marci, the three of them had a lot in common. "That would be great Marci thank you."

Marci was quick to get the girls together. We met in my room in a matter of minutes, but before we really got started there was a knock on the door and Dylan stuck his head in. "Umm... hey Katelyn do you think you can spare me a moment?" Dylan asked in a timid and nervous manner, which wasn't like him at all. "Not if your going to ask for forgiveness." Dylan shock his head. "I'm not it's there's that's been on my mind and I wanted to ask you about it." "Alright" Was all I said as I followed Dylan into his room.

"What did you want Dylan?" "Well... umm... you see... you know that day when you and Lukas and you went onto the woods, I might... umm... have followed you... umm... because I wanted to talk to you... and then I saw that thing... umm... you made happen." Dylan trailed of. I didn't know what to do yell at him for following us or threating him into silence. So I decided to do a bit if both. "HOW DARE YOU FOLLOW US, THAT WAS PRIVATE AND SHOULD YOU DARE TO TELL ANYONE ABOUT WHAT YOU SAW I WILL GUT YOU LIKE A FISH WITH A RUSTY SPOON." I could see Dylan understood that I would do it if necessary. He nodded his head to show he understood what I meant, and then he opened his mouth. "It wasn't meant to be a threat Katelyn, it was more like I wanted to get confirmation and I wanted to know how long you have been able to do it." I wasn't sure I could trust him, but consideration he already knew there was no harm in telling him when it started as long as I didn't tell him I could shift. "It's about a year ago I discovered my abilities, and I've only mastered them recently." Dylan nodded slowly, while thinking about what I just told him. "Katelyn do you ever think we can be a family? Do you think you could find it in you to forgive me?" I had to think about that, on one side Dylan had always bullied me, on the other side it was never so much as it could have been, at times he even seemed sorry. "I don't think we will ever be a real family Dylan that train left the station a long time ago, but I think I might forgive you, if you show me you are worthy of my forgiveness." Dylan broke into a huge grin after processing my words. "Thank you Katelyn you don't know how much this means to me. I promise I will make it up to you Katelyn, and Katelyn just so you know I never intended to hurt you as badly as I did, and I was always sorry afterwards." In addition, he looked sincere enough. "Then why did you do it Dylan?" He had to think about that for a while. "I wanted to fit in, everyone else did it, plus some of the adults said it was okay seeing you couldn't shift and was just a freak. Truly, in the beginning, I could not see anything wrong with it, but after some time I realised it wasn't right but by the time I realised that it was already too late to stop without getting the same treatment. So I tried to tell you less hurtful things, and beat you up gentler, and I know it was very selfish of me." "It was very selfish of you, but I forgive your selfishness, we aren't friends or anything Dylan, but I forgive you for your mistakes, my trust is something you have to earn." Dylan looked like he couldn't believe those words came out of my mouth. "Thank you Katelyn, thank you so much you won't regret it I promise." I couldn't help but chuckled at his enthusiasm. "We'll see about that Dylan, now I need to get back to my friends." And with that I walked away.

When I got back to the room I was bombarded with questions. "How was it?" "What did he want?" "Did he ask for forgiveness? And did you forgive him?" "Do we need to beat him up?" "Are you okay?" At last I have had enough. "SHUT UP, ONE AT THE TIME, I DON'T UNDERSTAND HALF OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING." They all winced at my high voice but at least they shut up. I was just about to tell them when there was a loud yell from outside. "THE ROUGES ARE ATTACKING." The yell was repeated all over the pack house. We all looked at each other in fear we were all aware that we would not all make it out alive, we hugged each other, and then we ran towards the battlefield.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys that was chapter 14 only 1 or 2 chapters left of this story.

Who do think is going to die? And who do you hope dies? Tell me what you think.

Remember the competitions, so please guys currently the only chapter with a name is chapter 10 or a second chance as its named.

-Maria