Chapter one: A Tumultuous Life Revamped

Start from the beginning

"Because, I'm busy with upcoming Alpha Gavin's Moon party" I reply, as he narrows his eyes at me.

"I don't care, clean it up. You and I both know that you could most certainly manage to do both. You just don't want to, because you're lazy and you want more time to daydream about a mate, that might not even exist" Dylan said smugly. He was voicing fears, I have been having for years and they are only getting worse, the closer it gets to my birthday. But even if his words hurt, I won't let him see it. I decide to react with anger instead. If I don't react with anger, I will break down. How dare my own brother, take all my worst fears and use them against me like that. How dare he act like my feelings don't matter. I am someone too.

"I'll repeat myself Dylan, since your intelligence seems to have dropped within the last couple of minutes. I can't clean your room. I am busy with Gavin's Moon party. Get that through that thick skull of yours." I hissed. It is the truth. There is nothing quite as important as a Moon party. A party to celebrate a soon-to-be-alpha, finishing his studies and learning how to lead a pack properly. A Moon party is a party that will take place at night. During it, the soon-to-be-alpha will present himself to the Moon Goddess. If she accepts the soon-to-be-alpha, a tattoo will appear, showing that the person would now be ready to lead a pack of their own, or take over for the previous alpha. If the Moon Goddess deems the soon-to-be-alpha unready, or unworthy, the alpha would either be cursed with Moon Sickness, or Moon Madness.

Moon Sickness is easy enough to deal with. It means the soon-to-be-alpha will get another chance to either, admit they aren't ready, or aren't suited for the role. Either they change or they find someone better suited for it.

Moon Madness is different. It is incurable. It happens when wolves who are completely unsuited to be alpha tries taking the post anyway. They will see the Moon Goddess and end up craving her at all times. Eventually the need for her will drive them mad and most end up killing themselves. Others become feral and must be killed. However, Moon Madness always end in death.

"What did you just say!?" Dylan demands, all the while glaring furiously at me.

"I'm busy, get that into that thick skull of yours" I say with a lot more courage than I feel and look him directly in the eyes. I know he will take it as a challenge. Sadly, I am more than right. His eyes darken almost immediately, and he growls loudly. I realize how mad I have truly made him. I have pushed too hard. Gone too fast. For the first time in a long time, I am terrified.

Then, I do the most idiotic thing I have ever done in my entire life. I run. Out the door, down the stairs, and into the forest. Knowing that I have pushed his anger to greater heights, rousing his wolf to come out and play, I keep running. The whole time I run I can hear Dylan right behind me. I can feel how close he is to shifting. I don't know where to run to. He knows the forest a whole lot better than I do. Making a great mistake, I look behind me.

I fall over a tree root and roll over, so I lay on my back. It's better to see him coming, than being caught unaware. Dylan is hovering over me with a murderous glint in his eyes. And for the first time, I feel lower than him. Like he have some sort of power over me.

Dylan's pov

That comment. It really pissed me off. When she runs off, I can't control my wolf any longer. He demands I run after her and show her how to submit. I run after her, hot on her heels while growling and yelling at her to stop. Not that she listens, which just make everything worse. It's not like I want to hurt her but her acting like prey makes the temptation hard to resist. After running for longer than I thought Katelyn could run, she looks behind her and fall over a tree root. A second before she hit the ground face first, she flips and lands on her back, looking up at me instead. It's surprising she can do something like that.