Chapter 57: The Audition

Sheng Xing Ze hung up the call with Yu Bai and sat quietly on the sofa for some time, then he picked up the script Tao Yi Ning gave him.

"Twins" is a story of a famous prostitute Xue Qing and his younger brother Yue Bai helping an unfavored prince, Chu Tian Yi, regain the throne.

Sheng Xing Ze's current script has the beginning of the story.

The parents of Xue Qing and his twin brother Yue Bai died when they were young, leaving behind a pair of brothers to depend on each other. Unlike ordinary people, Xue Qing and Yue Bai have had telepathic connections since they were young, and they can understand each other's thoughts and feelings.

Knowing that Yue Bai wanted to study and make a name for the family, Xue Qing was very supportive of his younger brother's dream. In order to raise money, he chose to be a male escort in the Nan Feng Pavilion. Xue Qing was so beautiful that he quickly established his reputation in the capital and became the top oiran of the Nan Feng Pavilion.

It was during this time that he got acquainted with the prince Chu Tian Yi, who was extremely unpopular at the time. In order to prevent his father and brother from being suspicious of him, Chu Tian Yi came to the Nan Feng Pavilion every day, and every time he would name Xue Qing.

Every time Chu Tian Yi came to the Nan Feng Pavilion, he could sit all night with a pot of wine. Although Xue Qing is a prostitute, he has read a lot of books with his younger brother. The two have become confidants one after another, and gradually become in love with each other.

Because the characters are identical twins, Director Ye would like to use the same actor for these two characters, meaning the roles of Yue Bai and Xue Qing will be performed by one actor.

This scene was not difficult for him. It is nothing more than to find the extravagant and pure feeling of Xue Qing, while his younger brother Yue Bai has a completely different temperament from his older brother. He is more like a well protected child by his family, the little hot-headed boy who knows nothing about the cruel world.

Sheng Xing Ze felt that the most difficult thing to grasp in this scene was Xue Qing's attitude towards Chu Tian Yi, which was vague but clear. There was a thin line between them, and they knew each other's feelings, but neither of them took the lead to cross it.

This feeling is like looking back at Yu Bai's previous actions from an outsider's view, every action carries hints, their feelings for each other are already known to the onlookers.

Thinking of Yu Bai, the laziness in Sheng Xing Ze suddenly disappeared. Only by performing this play well, he would be one step closer to the trophy of the best actor. Otherwise, he could not be worthy of Yu Bai's contribution to him.

Three days soon arrived. It was rare for Sheng Xing Ze to get up early, usually Father Sheng had to come in to wake him up. He consciously turned off the alarm clock and got up from the bed.

Knowing that Sheng Xing Ze had an important audition today, Sheng Xing Ze's father used his housekeeping skill to make a hearty breakfast for his beloved son. Seeing Tao Yi Ning and Mi He Qiu were waiting for their son downstairs, he warmly invited them to come in. 

It was not the first time Tao Yi Ning has seen Father Sheng. She had met Father Sheng at some dinner parties, but Yu Bai had never had any business relation with Father Sheng at that time; therefore, she would not want to take the initiative to start a conversation with this newly upstart man.

Although Father Sheng is a local tyrant, Mother Sheng has a very good sense of fashion. Every time Father Sheng attends any party, Mother Sheng personally mixes and matches their clothes; so that every time they appear, they are always in couple clothes. Soon, they become a well-known model couple.