Chapter 26: The Crisis

Later that day, Hui Si Yong anxiously called him, his voice on the phone carried a crying tone, "Brother Sheng, I made a mistake. I went to close that account on an impulse, and my Brother just called me right now. Say, do you think he has found out something, I...why am I always messing things up?"

"You didn't make a mistake. Without your action, he wouldn't give himself out so early," Sheng Xing Ze warmly comforted him, "Relax, I'll solve it, you must protect yourself well."

Hui Si Yong said with a strong nasal voice, "Brother Sheng, you're such a good person, I really don't know what to say."

Sheng Xing Ze lightly laughed, "I'm not that good of a person either, you must perform your role well, don't mess up "Xing Lan", you hear?"

"Got it, Brother Sheng, can you not coax me like you're talking to a child?" Hui Si Yong sniffled as he said these words.

"Then stop crying, look at how old you are."

He coaxed Hui Si Yong for a short moment, then Sheng Xing Ze hung up the call, his hold on the phone gradually tightened. Hui Si Yong's impulsive action was without his expectation. Although things had developed a little too fast, it was not without solutions.

Thinking so, Sheng Xing Ze dialed a number that he had long forgotten.

"Lin Mu."

"Xing Ze, you finally called me, I thought you had been ignoring me, Brother Wan told me that you have terminated the contract with the company..."

Sheng Xing Ze did not have the patience to listen to his pretentious speech, "I remember it clearly that we've already torn each other's facade, you don't have to pretend in front of me."

The other side was quiet for a moment, and then a sneer came, "It's true, I just didn't expect you to call me."

Sheng Xing Ze could clearly hear the two distinctly different tones over the phone, and once again he had to give it to the personality switching effort of this protagonist.

"How does it feel to work with Hui Cheng?" Hui Cheng was Hui Si Yong's Brother, who was a definite film emperor figure in the circle. He debuted as a child actor and successfully graduated as the top student at the Film Academy, his acting skill had always been textbook-level.

He was one of the rare cases in the entertainment industry who has insufficient face value for acting, and successfully defeated various competitors with his acting skill to eventually take the throne of the film emperor.

When he first read about this character in the book, Sheng Xing Ze had a really good impression of Hui Cheng. After he transmigrated into this world, he found that some people cannot be judged by the cover, especially those who had done a few unbelievable acts behind others' backs.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Lin Mu's voice flashed with anxiety. Someone seemed to say something next to him. Lin Mu's voice got a lot calmer, "If I know Senior Hui Cheng, you think I'll still be staying in this small budget movie?"

Sheng Xing Ze mercilessly ripped his pretense, "You don't have to play dumb with me. Hui Cheng was the one helping you erase all traces of Bai Gao Cen's incident, am I right?"

"What the hell do you want?" Lin Mu gritted his teeth, "You really have to hold onto this matter, right?"

Sheng Xing Ze laughed, "The same with you having to tie my name with a sugar daddy, don't you think? Come to the hospital at nine o'clock tomorrow night to look for me. I want your transaction record with that person." Sheng Xing Ze stated his purpose clearly, without holding back any secrets.