Chapter 23

Laying on the street for over an hour. We hear a car coming and a loud beep from the cars horn.

Tate rolls over me and grabs me so I roll over him. We moved out of the way just in time.

Tate then rolls back over, so we are both laying on our backs again. Tate looks over at me and laughs, which makes me laugh too.

Well wasn't that fun, Tate says.

Oh totally, if you like to be almost ran over by a car, I say.

Yes, but you weren't, Tate says.

It was still close, I say.

Tate leans over and kisses me.

Tate is the first one to pull away. Let's go inside, he says. Okay, I respond. We walk in the house and see Chad and Constance in the kitchen.

Constance sees Tate and walks over to him. Tate, Constance says. She tries to put her hand on his cheek, but he moves away.

Happy Halloween, Constance says with a smile ignoring the rejection she just got from her son only a couple of seconds ago.

Since when do you care, Tate says back. I grab Tate's hand and lace it with mine trying to calm him down.

Constance looks at Tate and then at me. She looks down and sees are hands. Tate sees this and pulls me closer to him.

He unlaced our hands and puts his arm around me. He looks Constance straight in the eye and walks away with me.

I look at the clock. It's already two in the afternoon. I wish time always moved this fast and not always so slow.

Sorry about Constance, Tate says. No it's fine. Don't worry about it, I say. Are you sure, he asks. Yes, I say.

Just then Hayden walks through the door. Hey, Romeo and Juliet, she says with a smirk.

Hey whore, I say. This makes her smirk drop. What do you want, Tate asks. It's more of a need than a want, Hayden says.

Okay, so what do you need, Tate asks emphasizing on the need part. I still need a baby.

How come you did it for Nora, but won't do it for me, Hayden says. If you want a baby, then just get one yourself Hayden, I say.

Oh that's a great idea sweetheart. How would I do that, Hayden says sarcastically. I don't know. Adoption maybe, I say.

And how exactly would I get that baby if I can't leave this house, Hayden says. You are such a dumbass you know what day it is, right, I say.

Why would I care what day it is, Hayden says. Because it's the one day you can go out and leave this house. It's Halloween, I say.

She starts tearing up. So I can really get my baby. I'm going to get my baby. I don't have the money, but I will get it somehow, she says to herself.

And with that she runs out of the room. I don't have the greatest feeling about this.