Chapter 36

I lay down.

Seconds.

Minutes.

It feels forever, but I just lay there on my bed in the peace and quiet of my empty room. I start to drift further into the darkness.

Closing my eyes and jolting them back open. Repeating this process several more times until one time I keep them closed and don't open them.

And when I don't open them, I feel myself drifting further and further into the darkness.

I feel a hand over my hair and I jolt my eyes open. I see Tate and feel his hand stroking through my hair.

It feels good. The feel of his hand through my hair his soothing. Just his presence and aura bring me a sense of comfort I did not know I was longing.   

Hey, you had me worried. I didn't know where you were, he says.

Oh, yeah I just came up here to lay down, I say.

Why? Are you okay, he asks.

Yeah, I'm fine. I just wanted to lay down, I say.

Oh,Okay, he says eyeing me suspiciously. He looks into my eyes searching for an answer. Like the answer to his question is hidden in my eyes and he is trying to uncover it.

He takes my hand and leads me downstairs back by everyone else. I look around and try and find my mom or Constance.

Both of them are no where to be found. That's weird. Where could they be? I mean I was up in my room for a pretty long time, they should definitely be down here.

Hey, are you sure you are okay, Tate asks me pulling me back to reality and out of my trance.

Yeah, why, I ask him back.

You just seem out of it, he says concerned etched on his face.

Yeah, I'm fine, I say.

Fine, really. I can't be fine. I just got my period and I'm dead. Everything is so screwed up. Fine, yeah right.

Just then, my mom walks in with Constance breaking my train of thought once again. My mom glances over at me and our eyes lock.

I let go of Tate's hand that I just now realize I am still holding and I start to walk over to where my mom and Constance are standing.

Where were you, I ask my mom directly but I am also implying my comment to Constance too.

We both thought that it was a good idea to warn all the women of the house to look out and monitor everything, my mom says.

They could also get their periods too and we thought they should have a heads up so at least if it happens they would be expecting it to happen and it won't catch them off guard too much, Constance chimes in.

I think about this for a second. I do have to say that this is a good idea. I mean every girl should know at least what is going on at least when it is pertaining to their own bodies.

Okay, yeah that was a good idea, I say to no one in particular.

How are you feeling, Constance asks.

Fine just a. Little shaken off by what's happening because there is no explanation for what is happening right now, I reply back to Constance.

Well, that's to be expected. I think all the women are a little shaken up from even knowing that things are getting strange around here and even more than usual, Constance says to me.