Chapter 4

After my mother had left I went downstairs to go try and find Chad. When I get down there I call his name and he popped out of the room that used to be the nursery.

Oh Violet hi, he said. Hi can I ask you something? I ask. Yea sure. Come on we will talk upstairs he says. He leads me to the kitchen and we sit down.

This is about Tate, right. You found out I have forgiven him along with your mother and many others in this house. So what do you want to know, he asks. Why? Why did you forgive him? I ask.

Because I am here for eternity just like the rest of you and people make mistakes we all do. I don't want to spend eternity here hating someone. We are all here and there is nothing we can do about it.

Also, Tate has learned from what he has done. He realizes how bad and terrible the things he did were. He has changed because of you. You changed him to a better person.

He doesn't want to be a bad person, he wants to be good. You helped him become that. Therefore, I forgave him, and so should you.

Your mother was able to forgive him and so should you. Three years was long enough. You did not hear or see him through that time in the basement.

All he did was cry and tell himself how much he hated himself. What's wrong with himself. How could he do that. He thought long and hard about everything and is so regretful about it all, he finishes.

He gets up and right as he is about to leave he turns around and says I hope you can forgive him like most of us have. And with that he leaves.

I am yet alone left to think by myself. Everyone is able to forgive him so easily, but me. Why? I still do love him oh my god I can't believe I just admitted that. No the felling is just mutual.

But God as much as I hate him, I have to say it just makes me love him more and more. I miss him so god damn much, but what he did was just so terrible.

Can I really forgive him just like everyone else has or almost everyone else.