Chapter 5

I go down to the basement, the only place I know Tate would be. I go all the way into the back.

Tate, I whisper.

Tate, I call.

Tate, I know you're in here. Come on Tate please come out. I take a deep breath. Tate, come out, come out where ever you are, I say in a sing song voice that I always used to say.

Tate appears behind me. Violet is that really you he says. I turn around and take a sharp in take of breath. I did not expect him to be right behind me.

He smiles slightly and says, I thought you said you weren't scared of anything. I'm not, I say. Why are you here violet, he asks.

Wanna play cards, I ask and hold up the decks of cards to show him. Violet, I thought you hated me, he says. Tate, I never hated you, I was just mad at you for what you did, I say.

So your not anymore, he asks. No, I say, I have forgiven you. You have, he asks. Yea, so are you up for cards, I ask.
Yea, he says and smiles.

I smile back and say Come on let's go upstairs. Okay, he says still smiling. And with that we walk upstairs together. When we get up the stairs we go up to my room.

What do you want to listen to, I ask. Ramones, he answers. And with that I put on the Ramones and the first song starts playing.

We sit down on the floor together playing cards, talking, laughing, listening to the Ramones. After cards we ended up playing scrabble.

I won, but I have a feeling he let me win, he always has and I guess you could say he always will.