Hatsuharu - Beside The Point

He really needed to stop getting provoked so easily...

Hatsuharu Sohma, year of the bull, and could be a total hot head...

Especially when it comes to me.

Hatsuharu and I have known each other for a long time. It was a miracle that after an alleged three times of having my memory wiped the Sohma's gave up trying to keep me away from Hatsuharu. Nothing ever seemed to work.

Yes, I know about the Sohma Curse, but I've never really cared that much. Hatsuharu, on the other hand, seemed to care a lot

It was just any other day of high school for me, I attend my classes and I try to focus, that's how it went every day. Today, was no different.

Not even when three guys came up asking for my number.

I knew I wasn't the only girl in High School who never had a boyfriend, there were probably a few girls. The only difference was that people noticed me more. I didn't know why. I didn't stand out that much. I had (H/l) (H/c) hair and I was (height). I didn't get why people seemed to try so hard to be my friend or to try and go out with me.

"So, (y/n), whaddya say?" The guy on my right asked.

"I'm not interested. In any of you," I answered.

"Come on, don't be like that," the one in the middle said.

"Hey creeps, she said she wasn't interested" I could already tell the Hatsuharu had gone black. He placed a hand atop my head. "This one's mine," He said his tone was threatening. 

"Tch. (Y/n) can totally do better than a wack job like you" the one on my left said.

From there things only escalated from mindless back and forth to Hatsuharu completely decking one of the guys. I sighed as I touched Hatsuharu's shoulder to stop him before a teacher came by.

"Come on, hot head" I said and I continued to walk down the hall, Hatsuharu following behind me. "Why do you always insist on picking fights?" I asked.

"They were bothering you" he answered.

"That's beside the point, let me see your hand" I retorted. His knuckles were already beginning to bruise. I hummed.

"I don't like it when other people try to ask you out" he admitted.

"Why not? It's not like I like them back" I said.

"Cause you're mine" he said.

"I'm not anybody's" I replied.

"I just don't want to lose you to someone else" I smiled up at him. I leaned forward and placed a quick kiss on his lips.

"You don't have to worry. Even if we're thousands of miles away, I'll come back" I promised. He kissed the top of my head.

"Sorry for being so possessive"

"It's okay. I love you"