Chapter 13 - Into The Heavens

Digging my head out from the twisted hood of the sleeping bag, I dragged myself reluctantly out into the cool tent still half asleep. Grabbing a pair of trousers, I pulled them on before hoping in between the still forms of my new friends. I attempted to put my boots at the same time but I ended up awkwardly falling back on the floor, glazing at David's watch. It was only 6:45, plenty of time for a run.

Exiting the tent I was met by a swift morning breeze following me down to the main field as I took the scenic root parallel to the stream down towards the lake. The sky looked promising with very few clouds to be seen and I watched the sun slowly dribble over the tree tops bring to life a new day. The camp site looked so peaceful, so quite, you could almost forget what had happened yesterday if it wasn't for the military personnel already up and about. The events of last night slowly came to memory. 'I wasn't sleeping,' does that mean she had heard everything, I'm glad it was dark last night because I had gone so red. But the question was, what do I do now? She knows, there's no going back. Another good reason why I wanted to run this morning. To clear my head.

The water shore looked nice an cool, I only wish I could swim in it. Are first day wasn't until Wednesday and it was only Monday, I'd do that instead of running. I wondered if my parents were up an about, I wouldn't know where to start looking for them and it would be impossible to find them otherwise, this place was just too big and there must be nearly 10,000 people here. The guy had said they had been evacuated already and I bet Dad found them. Coming the tree line leading off into the woods I continued to follow the forest up back towards field 3, I was becoming quite well acquainted with this side of camp. After another 10 minutes I was back at the tent door all warmed up and ready to go. I started by gathering a couple of pots and running to the nearest water point to fill up. When I got back I noticed Jamie had disappearing into the distance along with Lydia and surprisingly Elliot. Everybody else was still fast asleep so I silently went through are box hunting for food for breakfast. Suddenly I felt a warm arm rapt round my neck.

"Morning early bird," Eve smiled. She was only wearing her top and underwear!

"You do know there are other people in this tent?"

"I know." She winked turning round and walking slowly back towards her sleeping bag, bending over for a pair of trousers, purposely sticking her bum in the air.

"Yep, defiantly doesn't like me" I thought too myself laughing, tearing my eyes away from the view.

"What's for breakfast?" She asked belting up a fresh pair of trousers before mindlessly pulling off her top and replacing it slowly.

Shaking my head in astonishment, I pulled out a couple of cereal bars and left over breakfast biscuits. "Afraid this is all we have, but the good news is we got plenty of it."

"That's okay, was never much of a breakfast person anyway,"

"Did somebody say breakfast?" Mumbled David.

"Grubs up!" I laughed, throwing a cereal bar at him.

"I would love a full English, bacon, egg, hash brown..." he trailed off.

"Some one says bacon!" Twin number one asked, as if she was never asleep.

"False alarm people,"

"What time is it?" Twin number two mumbled.

"7:15, so not long at all," David checked.

Slowly the tent came alive with the groans of those who were not used to seeing this side of the day while I sat back and slowly went through a pack of breakfast biscuits. Eve was conversing with Sophie in whispers but at least for the moment I was happy and content. Though quite shocked at her playfulness this morning, today was going to be a good day!