Chapter 12 - She Heard Everything

"Did you see where are Officer went?" Seth asked as we walked back to the tent.

"No? Why do you ask."

"My arms being playing up, just wanted to get it checked out."

"I told you so!"

"No it wasn't from the swimming, it was from when I got attacked yesterday..."

"Wait what?! What happened?" He got attacked again!

"Dad and I went looting for foods down at the supermarket... hey don't look at me like that, desperate times."

I'd raised my eye brows. I didn't think he would do something like that, "go on."

"Well while we were searching for food, we weren't the only ones, some of the infected turned up and there was one already there. I had my axes so it wasn't too bad but I think I jarred my arm my I berried my axes in ones of their heads."

I grimmest. "Too graphic! That's what you get for looting, at least your okay."

"Well apart from my arm."

"Well he'll probably be at his tent near are tree."

"There are a lot of trees!"

"The ones around the edge by the looks of it, that's where all the small one man tents are."

"Got you, okay thanks I'll see you back at the tent in a bit."

"Don't go running off" I finished bring him into a big hug, I don't know what I would off done if I hadn't found him.

I watched as he disappeared down the track towards the first uniformed tree as I wondered aimlessly towards the tent in silent contemplation. The events at the spring where still playing over in my mind over and over again. I don't remember a time were I had been happier or cared so much for one person other than myself, I didn't know what I was feeling anymore. After I had fallen asleep in Seth's arms the next thing I remembered was waking up in his bed several hours later. He had carried me all the way home! My father wasn't best pleased when I arrived home but hopefully now I'll never have to see him again.

Slipping into the shade of the tent, I went over and Joined Sophie sorting through what they gave use. "So what do you think?"

"A nightmare! They don't even allow us to have makeup and it's just the same clothes every day." She said dramatically.

"I don't think it's too bad!" I started unpacking my own clothes, piling them next to my sleeping bag.

"What are we supposed to go swimming in?"

"Are underwear," I smiled remembering the spring.

"Yeah the boys are gonna love that!"

"Hay we get to admire the view too you know, you seen the muscles on Elliot?!"

"Thought you had your eye on that Seth," she purred playfully.

I could feel myself going red. "I don't know..."

"Really? You for real. He's hot, what I would kill for a slab of meat like that."

"You should see his abs!"

"See, I don't see your problem girl."

"Well I don't know if he even likes me." I continued awkwardly.

"You blind or something? A blind man could see that. Any way I'm gonna have a nap, I got like no sleep last night."

"I'm with you on that one, we got ages till we have to go." Settling back I closed my eyes.
*
I must of drifted off to sleep because the next think I knew there were voices in front of me. I was about to get up and join them when something stopped me.