Chapter 35

Once the spell was casted, Percival began to transform. His hair turns from its darker color to bleach blond and his dark eyes turn blue. As his true identity is revealed, (Y/n)'s eyes could only grow wider and wider, "N-No..." She said shakily while covering her mouth with her hands and staggering a bit as the man restrained before her was not the Percival she had once loved and adored truly, but Grindelwald himself. Madam Picquery slowly walked towards him as the dark wizard looked up at her.

     His voice filled with contempt, "Do you think you can hold me?" He asked.

     "We'll do our best, Mr. Grindelwald." She said bluntly as Grindelwald stared intently at her with his expression filled with disgust turning into a mocking smile as he's then forced to his feet by two Aurors, who move him to the entrance. As Grindelwald reached Newt, he both smiled and sneered at the young man.

     "Will we die, just a little?" He asked with a chuckle, and before he could be led out.

     "Wait," (Y/n) said as they stop, she stepped around to stand in front of him, both dread and fright on her face, "Why?" She asked in a hushed whisper. Grindelwald stared down at the young woman before smirking with a dark chuckle.

     "You know, this isn't the first time an enemy has tricked you into thinking they were your loved one?" He said as everyone stared at her, all of them but Newt knowing about that time in Pennsylvania. This makes her stomach churn as he snickered and continued, "Ahh, honestly, you would have been a wonderful wife if things had gone further. I was just so looking forward to corrupting you while your dear fiancé watched helplessly from afar." He hummed as her eyes widened, paling and feeling as if she was going to be sick.

     "Where is he?" She asked shakily but sternly. Grindelwald's smirk only got darker as he looked over her with a dark look in his eyes that looked her up and down, sending shivers through her body.

     "Well, he's out there somewhere. I'm sure he's still alive, barely though. Last time I saw him, he was all bloodied and worn out from the hell I've put him through. I only made his torture worse by making him watch me do all the things I did to you because I knew that the only reason he's still holding on is you." He scoffed with a bitter snicker, "But he's just so close to letting go that he might actually just die with the thought of you being my little play thing or worse dead—." 

SLAP!

     A slap echoed throughout the obliterated subway and everyone watched with wide eyes as (Y/n) had slapped the man across the face hard. Hatred and anguish burned in her eyes as tears were threatening to spill. "You're—a monster." She sneered venomously, "I will find Percival Graves no matter what it takes, no matter if he is dead or alive but by dear Merlin you better hope I find him alive or so help me I will make your life a living hell while you're in our custody. Until you tell me where he is." She spat, her voice shaking with anger before she clicks her tongue and steps to the side, "Get him out of my sight." She ordered at the two Aurors nod and lead the man up the stairs. There's silence as Madam Picquery walks over to (Y/n), who is on the verge to have a mental breakdown and places her hands on her shoulders.

     "Ms. (L/n), look at me," She said as (Y/n) sniffled and looked up at her superior with a broken look in her tear filled eyes, "You're very brave for standing up to him like that. And I'm sorry about Percival, I know how much you two loved each other dearly. I remember when I first assigned him to be your partner, he was against it. But after seeing how close you two grew together after all those months and years passed, I knew I made the right choice about pairing you both together. And knowing that stubborn man, I'm sure he's alive somewhere out there because he will never give up on you. And we will do everything we can to help you find him." She assured as (Y/n) gave a sad smile and sniffled.

     "Thank, Madam..." She said softly as her superior nodded.

     "For now, you'll be taking Mr. Graves' place and be my right hand man," Madam Picquery informed as (Y/n) nodded.

     "Of course, Madam..." She said softly with a curt but solemn nod as Tina walked up to (Y/n) and handed her Percival's wand. She stared at it tearfully as she grimaced and gently takes it from her hands. Tina gives her best friend a deep and heartfelt hug as she murmured softly.

     "Everything will be okay, (Y/n)... We'll find him..." She said softly as (Y/n) sniffled with tears going down.

     "Thank you, Tina..." she mumbled softly as Tina gave a soft and comforting smile.

     A few minutes pass before Queenie and Jacob push their way through to the front of the Aurors, the No-Maj holding Newt's case as Queenie hugs Tina and gives a big hug to (Y/n) feeling how sad she was and seeing what happened through her mind and giving her best friend her own reassuring words. Newt looks at Jacob as the man hands him his case, "Hey... I figured somebody oughta keep an eye on the thing." He said with a sheepish smile as Newt returns it.

     "Thank you," He said as Madam Picquery addressed the group and stared at the hole through the broken roof of the subway.

     "We owe you an apology, Mr. Scamander. But the magical community is exposed! We cannot Obliviate an entire city." She stated as Newt followed her gaze and he sees a tendril of black matter, a small part of the Obscurus, floating down through the roof. It is unseen by anyone else as it eventually floats up and away, as if trying to reconnect with its host. His attention soon snaps back to the problem at hand.

     "Actually  I think we can." He stated.

~

     Everyone watched in awe as Newt says his final goodbyes to the Thunderbird before taking a flask of Swooping Evil venom out of his pocket and says to the beast, "You know what you've got to do." He said before throwing the vial high up into the air—Frank, the Thunderbird, lets out a sharp cry, catching it in his beak before soaring out of the subway. They watch as he disappeared onto the sky as it began to form storm clouds, and with a flash of bright blue, rain began to fall.

     The crowd of No-Maj look up at the sky as the rain fell and hit them, they all start to move one as bad memories fade away. As if that chaotic night had never happened. Each person going about their daily business. While that happened, Aurors moved briskly through the streets as they performed Reparing Charms to rebuild the city with the buildings and cars reconstructed and the streets returning to normal. All doing what they can and reverting things back to the way they were while people are getting Obliviated by the rain.

     Madam Picquery looked on as the roof of the subway is swiftly repaired. "They won't remember anything. That venom has incredibly powerful Obliviative properties." Newt informed as Madam Picquery looked at him with an impressed expression.

      "We owe you a great debt, Mr. Scamander." She said as she looked at his case and back up at him, "Now, get that case out of New York." 

     "Yes, Madam President." Newt says as she begins to walk away, a pack of Aurors moving with her before suddenly she turns back. Queenie reads her mind and stand protectively in front of Jacob in an attempt to hide him.

     "Is that No-Maj still here?" She asked with a brow arched as she can still see the man, "Obliviate him. There can be no exceptions." She said as she read the anguish on the group's faces, (Y/n) could only look down as she could do nothing about it despite her new authoritative position. "I'm sorry, but even one witness... You know the law." She said as she started to get kind of uncomfortable with their distress, "I'll let you say goodbye." She hummed before leaving.