Chapter 25

As Tina ran up the lobby steps, Newt's case in hand, the hand on the gigantic dial showing the Magical Exposure Threat Level moves from SEVERE to EMERGENCY. Witches and wizards whispering nervously while huddled together in groups. A large and complex hall arranged like an old parliament debating chamber was filled by wizards from all parts of the world. Madam Picquery is presiding with Percival and (Y/n) by her side. (Y/n) sat quietly next to Percival with a grim and almost blank expression, the dark circles under her eyes now visible as her eyes were slightly pink from the crying she did earlier during her "argument" with Percival, bruises in the shape of his hands around her neck but covered up by her scarf. "Our American friends have permitted a breach of the Statute of Secrecy that threatens to expose us all." Heinrich Eberstadt, a Swiss delegate, says.

     "I will not be lectured by the man who let Gellert Grindelwald slip through his fingers--" Madam Picquery says before getting cut off as a hologram image of Senator Shaw's dead and twisted body floats high above the room, giving off a glowing light before everyone turns to see Tina rushing into the chamber.

     "Madam President, I'm so sorry to interrupt, but this is critical--" Tina pauses, sliding to a halt in the middle of the marble floor before realizing exactly what she had just walked into, silence echoed throughout the chamber as the delegates stare at her.

     "Tina..." (Y/n) murmured quietly, a slightly surprised look on her face.

     "You'd better have an excellent excuse for this intrusion, Miss Goldstein." Madam Picquery says sternly. Tina gulps nervously.

     "Yes-I do," She said while stepping forward to address her, "Ma'am. Yesterday a wizard entered New York with a case. This case full of magical creatures, and-unfortunately-some may have escaped." Tina says, admitting the last bit quietly.

     "He arrived yesterday? You have known for twenty-four hours that an unregistered wizard set magical beasts loose in New York and you see fit to tell us only when a man has been killed?" Madam Picquery inquired with a slight glad, Tina looking rather perplexed and confused but also nervous.

     "Who has been killed?" She asked quietly as (Y/n) slightly grimaced.

     "Where is this man?" Madam Picquery asked as Tina sets the case flat on the floor and knocks on the lid. After a few short seconds, the lid creaks open as Newt, then Jacob, emerged. Looking sheepish and nervous.

     "Scamander?" A British envoy says, rather in disbelief. Newt closes the case while smiling sheepishly at him.

     "Oh-er-hello, Minister." He greeted softly.

     "Theseus Scamander? The war hero?" Momolu Wotorson asks in disbelief.

     "No, this is his little brother. And what in the name of Merlin are you doing here?" The British envoy exclaims.

     "I came to buy an Appaloosa Puffskein, sir." Newt lied as the envoy eyed him suspiciously.

     "Right. What are you really doing here?" He asked as Madam Picquery catches eye on Jacob, who had a look of facination and awe as he took in the sight of the chamber.

     "Goldstein-and who is this?" She asked with a brow raised.

     "This is Jacob Kowalski, Madam President, he's a No-Maj who got bitten by one of Mr. Scamander's creatures." Tina said as a furious reaction from the MACUSA employees and dignitaries all around, making (Y/n) almost sink into her seat.

     "Oh no..." She mumbled as she watched the ministers whisper to one another.

     "No-Maj? Obliviated?" They all say. While they all discuss that, Newt is fixated on the image of Senator Shaw's body floating around the room.

     "Merlin's beard..." He murmured in disbelief.

     "You know which of your creatures was responsible, Mr. Scamander?" Madam Ya Zhou inquired. Newt shakes his head as he studied the image closely.

     "No creature did this... Don't pretend! You must know what that was; look at the marks..." He said while pointing at Senator Shaw's face, "That was an Obscurus." Newt claimed as there was a mass uproar of muttering and exclamations, Percival now looking alert.

     "You go too far, Mr. Scamander. There is no Obscurial in America." Madam Picquery sneered with a stern glare at Newt, "Impound that case, Graves!" She ordered as Percival wasted no time and summons the case as it lands next to him, making Newt draw his wand and (Y/n) stands up immediately.

     "Newt, don't!" She warned as he glared at Percival.

     "No... Give that b--!"

     "Arrest them!" Said Madam Picquery as a eruption of spells hit Newt, Tina, and Jacob, forcibly slamming them to their knees as Newt's wand flies out of his hands which is caught by Percival, who stands and picks up the case. Newt strained against the magical restraints while looking at Madam Picquery, Percival, and then to (Y/n), who couldn't do anything but watch helplessly. She looked up at Madam Picquery with a pleading look.

     "Madam President, please-"

     "This isn't your decision to make, (L/n)." Madam Picquery said sternly to her, (Y/n) looked back at Newt as he begged.

     "No-no-don't hurt those creatures-please, you don't understand-nothing in there is dangerous, nothing!"

     "We'll be the judges of that!" Madam Picquery said sternly and looking at the Aurors, "Take them to the cells!" Graves watched as Tina, Newt, and Jacob are dragged away. (Y/n) stood there watching as well as she couldn't help but feel useless and sympathetic as Newt continued to plead and beg desperately as he's dragged away and straining against the Auror's hold.

     "Don't hurt those creatures-there is nothing in there that is dangerous. Please don't hurt my creatures-they are not dangerous... Please, they are not dangerous!" Newt screamed before he's out of sight along with Tina and Jacob. Worry is etched on (Y/n)'s already exhausted face, her mind racing as she looked back up at the floating image of Senator Shaw's corpse.

     "Graves and (L/n), search the case for anything that is a threat to us and hold an interrogation for Goldstein and Mr. Scamander." Madam Picquery ordered as Percival nods.

     "Yes, Madam." He said as (Y/n) grimaced and looked up at her superior.

     "And what comes of the No-Maj?" She asked softly.

     "You know what needs to be done with No-Maj's who have been greatly exposed to the wizarding community, (L/n)." Madam Picquery stated as (Y/n) glanced down, already knowing what she meant. Obliviation. "Now get to work you two, our community is in danger as we speak." Madam Picquery said while hastily leaving the chambers

     "Yes, Madam President. Come on, (L/n)." Percival said with a nod and walking off with Newt's case. (Y/n) grimaced, she didn't like this. She didn't like any of it. Not one bit. But she had to obey. Like a good Auror and fiancé.

     "Yes, Madam... Yes, sir..." She said quietly, almost in a whisper as she obediently followed after Percival with her head down low.