Chapter 30

Gnarlak sits at the end of their table, an air of confidence and dangerous control surrounding him as a house-elf quickly brung him a glass of Fire Whiskey. (Y/n) kept her distance since she still has yet her high position a step below Percival's so she tried to keep a low profile and not have Gnarlak notice her while also making sure to keep her friends safe if anything happens and listening in.

     "So, you're the guy with the case full of monsters, huh?" Gnarlak said, surprising Newt that the goblin knew who he was.

     "News travels fast." He murmured, "I was hoping you'd be able to tell me if there have been any sightings. Tracks. That sort of thing." Newt explained as Gnarlak downs his drink and another house-elf brung him a document to sign.

     "You've got a big price on your head, Mr. Scamander." The goblin said as he signed the document, not looking up at Newt, "Why should I help you instead of turnin' you in?" Newt leaned forward a bit.

     "I take it I'll have to make it worth your while?" He asked as the house-elf ran off  while holding the signed document, Gnarlak rubbed his chin in thought, fingernails long and curled at the end.

     "Hmm, let's consider it a cover charge." He said as Newt pulled out a couple of Galleons and slid them across the table toward the creature, who barely looked up as he was obviously not impressed, "Huh--MACUSA's offerin' more'n that." Newt sighed as he pulled out a beautiful metal instrument and placed it on the table. Gnarlak arched a brow at it and huffed out a scoff, "Lunascope? I got five." Newt's eyebrow twitched slightly before rummaging in his coat pocket and pulling out a glowing frozen ruby egg.

     "Frozen Ashwinder egg!" Newt proclaimed determinedly as their was a twinkle of interest in Gnarlak's black, beady eyes.

     "You see now we're-" He paused once he spotted Pickett peeking out of Newt's pocket, "Wait a minute--that's a Bowtruckle, right?" He asked while pointing a curled pointed finger at Pickett, who quickly retreated back into the pocket and Newt put a hand protectively over his pocket.

     "No." He lied.

     "Ah, come on, that's a Bowtruckle." Gnarlak insisted, "They pick locks, am I right?"

     Newt all but frowned, "You're not having him." He said stubbornly and determinedly. 

     Gnarlak stares at him for a moment before sighing and shaking his head in disappointment, "Well, good luck gettin' back alive, Mr. Scamander, what with the whole of MACUSA on your back." He said while getting up and walking away. Newt watched with wide eyes as his only source of information about the whereabouts of his creatures began to slip away as he looked down at Pickett and has a expression of agony.

     "All right." Newt said, making Gnarlak smile viciously as he had his back turned to him. The magizooligist took Pickett from his pocket, the Bowtruckle desperately clung to his owner's hands while madly clicking and whining, "Pickett..." Newt said, trying to sound stern but he himself was distraught that it had to come to this. He slowly handed Pickett over to Gnarlak while the small creature reached his little arms forward and pleading Newt to take him back. Newt is unble to look at him as he grimaced, the group watched them with sympathetic faces.

     "Ah yeah..." Gnarlak murmured with a victorious smirk on his face, not looking up at Newt as he continued to speak to him, "Somethin' invisible's been wreakin' havoc around Fifth Avenue. You may wanna check out Macy's department store. Might help with what you're looking for." Gnarlak informed.

     "Dougal..." Newt murmured in thought before looking up at Gnarlak, "Right, one last thing. There's a Mr.Graves who works at MACUSA-- I was wondering what you knew of his background." He asked as (Y/n) looked at Newt in confusion, wondering why the man was asking Gnarlak about Percival's background when he's got an open book just a few feet away from him? Which was her, the man in question's fiancé. The goblin stared, a sense that there was much that he could say--but rather die than say it as he knew something else that not even (Y/n) knew.

     "You ask too many questions, Mr. Scamander. That can get you killed." He said as looked at (Y/n) who stood a some feet away from them while trying to keep a safe distance, she tensed as she realized that he saw her and have maybe knew she was there all along, "If you wanna know about that guy's background, ask his fiancé over there." He said with a smirk as Newt's and everyone else's eyes widen when (Y/n) was found out.

     "MACUSA ARE COMING!" A house-elf carrying a crate of bottles shouted before Disapparating along with other customers throughout the bar. Everyone's eyes widen in shock as Tina got to her feet.

     "You tipped them off!" She exclaimed as Gnarlak stared at them while chuckling viciously. 

     "I knew this was a bad idea!" (Y/n) murmured to herself as the wall of wanted posters update to show Newt's and Tina's faces and Aurors began to Apparate into the speakeasy and (Y/n) immediately covered her face.

     Jacob innocently sauntered up to Gnarlak, "Sorry, Mr. Gnarlak--" He said before punching Gnarlak straight in the face and knocking the goblin backwards, Queenie smiled I'm delight at that as Jacob smiled sheepishly at her, "--reminds me of my foreman!" 

     Various customers throughout the bar get apprehended by the Aurors as Newt scrambled about on the floor looking for Pickett. People around him were running and diving away from Aurors in attempt to escape them. Newt finally found Pickett on a table leg, grabbed him, and ran towards his group. (Y/n) joined them as Jacob grabbed another shot of gigglewater and knocked it back. He giggled uproariously as Newt grabbed his elbow and the group Disapparated.

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry if this was a short chapter, I'm kind of cutting out some parts of the movie because it just drags the chapters out too long since it's coming from the screenplay and I'm trying to get (Y/n) involved in more chapters rather than put in a scene from the movie that she isn't going to be in. I hope you guys like that since I'm not too sure if I'm going to make a second book of this because we're getting close to the climax of the movie and story. Anyway, vote and comment if you like and I'll see you soon!

P.S. HOPE YOU ALL HAD A GREAT HOLIDAY AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!