Chapter 24

The latch on Newt's case pops open and he discreetly reached down to push it shut as he watched Tina explain everything that happened so far to (Y/n), who nodded along as she took in every detail that Tina explained. On the other hand, Jacob, so looked a bit better for having eaten, and Queenie were hitting it off. "The job ain't that glamorous. I mean, I spend most days making coffee, unjinxing the john... Tina and (Y/n) are the career girls." She reads his mind, "Nah. We're orphans. Ma and Pa died of dragon pox when we were kids. Aw..." She reads his mind again and smiles, "You're sweet. But we got each other!"

     "Could you stop reading my mind for a second? Don't get me wrong-- I love it." He said with a smile as Queenie giggled, delighted and captivated by Jacob. "This meal--it's insanely good! This is what I do--I'm a cook and this is, like, the greatest meal I have ever had in my life." Queenie laughs in delight.

     "Oh you slay me! I ain't never really talked to a No-Maj before."

     "Really?" The two gaze into each other's eyes that (Y/n) found really cute since she knew that gaze all too well because that was how she and Percival used to look at each other all the time before his trip to Europe. It made her a bit sad since he doesn't look at her the way Jacob looks at Queenie anymore, but she could only hope for the best after they get married. Despite (Y/n) aweing at Jacob and Queenie, Newt and Tina sat opposite of each other, uncomfortably silent in the presence is such affectionate behavior.

     "I am not flirting!" Queenie said to Tina, who became a bit embarrassed.

     "I'm just saying--don't go getting attached, he's going to be Obliviated! Right, (Y/n)?" Tina said while looking at the Auror, who nodded, before looking at Jacob, "It's nothing personal." The man became suddenly very pale and sweaty again but still tried to look good for Queenie.

     "Oh, hey, you okay, honey?" Queenie asked worriedly as she looked at a Jacob. Newt quickly got up from the table and awkwardly stood behind his chair.

      "Miss Goldstein, I think Mr. Kowalski could do with an early night. And besides, you and I will need to be up early tomorrow morning to find my Niffler, so--"

     "What's a Niffler?" Queenie asked Tina.

     "Dont ask." She said as she moved towards a back room, "You guys can bunk here." Tina looked at (Y/n) as she syood from the table, "Are you staying for the night too?"

     "Nah, I can't. I gotta get home before Percival gets worried." She said as ushered her overcoat and scarf over, the coat and scarf levitating across the room as she slipped her arms in the coat. The coat buttoned up itself and the scarf wrapped around her neck itself too and Jacob watched with fascination. "Not that he cares where I am anyway now these days." She huffed.

     "Don't say that." Queenie said as (Y/n) walked over to the door, "I'm sure he worries a bunch, you're his future wife anyway."

     (Y/n) sighs, "Right. Anyway, I'll catch up with you guys tomorrow and I'll see if I can figure anything out to help you guys. Have a goodnight, everyone." She said as the door opened and closed when she left. (Y/n) got outside and quickly disapparated after checking if there was any No-Majs around.

~+~

     Credence walked home towards the church, he looked happier after his meeting with Percival had comforted him. He slowly entered the church and shut the double doors quietly. His older sister, Chastity, was in the kitchen area drying crockery. Mary Lou sat in semidarkness on the stairs in which Credence sensed her and paused, his face showing great fear. "Credence--where have you been?" His mother asked with a stern tone.