Chapter 17

October 31, 1923

     "No." Percival answers bluntly as he went back to his paperwork. Queenie gives a sad look and so does Tina.

     "Sorry, besties. But we have a lot of work to get done." (Y/n) says, her face making the same look as she pouts.

     "But everyone's going!"  Queenie argues.

     "Doesn't mean we have to go." Percival says as he filled out his papers.

     "Yes it does!" Queenie says nodding.

     "It won't be any fun without you two."Tina sighs.

     "Oh sure it would." (Y/n) waves it off, "It'll be fine. Maybe next year."

     "Please?" Queenie begged with puppy dog eyes, pouting with her bottom lip sticking out and quivering. (Y/n) and Percival stared at her.

     "No." He states as he wen back to work. Queenie looked at (Y/n) and she went pale.

     'Shit!' (Y/n) thinks as Queenie's doubled the effect of her puppy dog eyes and pout with an extra or tear brimmed eyes.

     "Please...?" She begged again but a whimper. (Y/n) tries to look away but she can't, biting her lip as to whether to say yes or no to her best friend.

     "Don't fall for it." Percival warns as he writes. Queenie tripled the effect which left (Y/n) in "awe" manner. Tina watched in slight confusion. (Y/n) sighed heavily, giving in to Queenie's pleads.

     "Fine." Queenie smiles brightly as she jumped up and down excitedly.

     "Yay!" Percival glared at (Y/n), which she ignored. The two sisters smile as they opened the door and began walking backwards so they're still facing the couple.

     "The party's tonight," Queenie states.

     "Starting at seven and ending at midnight," Tina continues.

     "And since it's a masquerade, both of you should match." Queenies says with the smiles as they're out into the hall. Tina reaches over to the doorknob.

     "Just an idea." Tina adds with a shrug and smile as she closed the door. (Y/n) was smiling to herself and she looked over at Percival, who glared daggers at her. Her smile immediately faded and she looked down at her lap.

     "It's hard resist Queenie's pleading puppy look..." (Y/n) says with a pout. It was silent for a few moments before Percival let out a heavy sigh as he went back to his work.

     "Why don't you go out and pick out our outfits for tonight, I'll take over your work when mine's finished." He mumbles. (Y/n) smiles brightly at this and hugs him.

     "Alright!" She kisses his cheek as she stood from her seat and put it back in its rightful place since she was working in his office. (Y/n) begins walking over to the door and opens it.

     "But don't choose anything that will make me look like an idiot." Percival says after. (Y/n) looks back at him smiling.

     "Don't worry, I won't" She giggles before walking out and closing the door behind her. Percival sighs and looks over at her pile of work.

     "She better because I'm not doing all this work of hers just to go to a party and look like a fool." He grumbles. (Y/n) goes out and to a nearby costume store. She describes to the owner something that's for a masquerade ball that's not too over the top, not too colorful, gives off a chilling atmosphere since it's Halloween, something that won't give off too much attention to them that would make them feel like clowns. Taking all those details in, the owner than nods with a smile.