🅴🅿︎ 🆃🆆🅴🅽🆃🆈 🆃🆆🅾︎

Start from the beginning

"We're not---we don't need your help. Mom and dad have been depending on us to do this and to be frank, I don't feel too well not knowing what's going on when someone wants to kill us too. You can't step in like this and take over, we're so close to finding them!"

"Kinsley, watch yourself. We understand how your parents have been preparing y'all for stuff like this because someone will always be plotting on you and that you've been putting in work to find them...but this is not for y'all. I'd rather y'all stay protected and under our supervision then going out where it's dangerous. You're risking yourself taking this on blindly---some of y'all have already been too in deep," Uncle Jairo looked at Victor with a side eye as he scoffed.

"So what I've been shot at? I'm still breathing and well. And it'll stay that way just like I'll continue to find my parents and you guys won't put a pause on that," Victor voiced out crossing his arms as Armelle did the same, me following behind. Stopping now is just not what I'm in for. I've taken initiative this far and I'm damn well not giving it up. Call us stubborn but I stand with them, we'll find our parents just like we've been doing. They can't possibly find more than us.

"Vic, drop the funky ass attitude before you get dropped little boy. This is your only and final warning so listen closely. None of y'all will be handling shit from here on out. Let the adults take care of this and you guys take your mind off this. We'll get your parents back and I promise you that---they're family to us too," Uncle Messiah left out the room with his ending words.

Uncle Jairo did the same along with Yaheem as I scowled at them.

"They're wrongly mistaken if they think we'll actually listen cause I ain't listening to shit," Armelle lowly grumbled as I nodded. I took pictures of the addresses listed in the folder just in case they plan on confiscating everything.

"They won't get anything. There will be too many missing pieces to fill in without us and I'm not sharing anything especially since I figured out the riddle and I found a gun supply that dad has stashed away. That old hag, rest in peace, did us some good," Victor smiled as my heart jumped. I've been trying for forever trying to get one riddle figured out and he's got the whole thing.

It's not a competition---I'm just glad he got it.

"Of course the smartass gets it, what the hell does it mean?! My dumbass didn't even try or else I'd probably lead us halfway across the country," Armelle snorted as I shook my head.

I pulled out my notebook with the riddles as he pointed to each as he listed them out:

"Your voice can raise in volume and break silence but how does it travel? If you raise your voice in volume then you make noise---sound and sound travels through waves in echos. I add five to nine, and get two. The answer is correct, but how? Nine would be 9am and add five hours to that and you'll get 2pm. I never was but always will be. No one ever saw me but everyone knows I exist. I give people the motivation to better themselves everyday. What am I? That was too simple and that's tomorrow, duh. I was born on March 25th and died March 25th alongside my victims and protectors. What am I? This was some shit and took some researching but on March 25th in 1911 and 2011 was the start and finish of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire right here in NYC. It's still standing and I have a bet some shit will take place down there."

"What's the date today?", I asked as they answered exactly what I hoped. There's still time.

"Today's March 22nd. My theory is that they're gonna be underground because the factory is in the public, they couldn't risk police being called or commotion going on. It's abandoned and the building is pretty big, it'll echo like hell. It'll take place on the 25th---they're huge dicks for plotting to kill people in a building where over a hundred people died."