We go into 5 stores and in each one, we come out with at least three full bags. So far Mark has been the bag dropper. Taking our bags to the car and coming back. I like it if I do say so myself.

Now you may be wondering where my bow and arrow were?

Well, they both said I wasn't allowed to bring them since they were "too big and would cause a commotion" so instead we settled for knives.

"Last store I promise!" Krissy tells me.

"Ughhh" I groan walking behind her into the store.

I grab the new phone from my butt pocket to see it's already 7 pm.

"Krissy it's seven! I still need to eat dinner!" I yell. She and Mark just laugh at my reaction though.

Finally, when we finish picking out the last of our clothes Mark takes them to the car while Krissy and I finish the purchase.

Yet, the second we stepped out of the mall I could smell something different. It smelled like a Rogue. Which is weird since Mark told me this was an all-human mall.

"Krissy, do you smell that?" I ask more in a whisper.

"Yea...I do.." She says. Her eyes turn foggy probably telling Mark to hurry up with the car. But in those thirty seconds, we were thrown to the concrete floor.

"Shit," I say facing our attacker. I can see Krissy get up slowly.

"Oh my god," she says.

"Don't worry Krissy I got it," I tell her hoping to assure her.

"You got this? What are you going to do? You're a girl." The rogue says.

"And what are you going to do? Other than asking for a death sentence right now."

"Bitch, you don't know who your talking to," He says growling.

"Neither do you"

He growls before coming straight to attack me. But I'm quicker grabbing the knives from under my belt. Throwing two towards him.

I successfully hit his arm and leg causing him to growl louder.

"Krissy, go find Mark," I tell her keeping my eyes on the man the whole time.

"What! I can't leave you alone. I'll help you." She says.

"Krissy it's for the best." I try again.

"No, let me help!" She says. Before I could blink, a knife was thrown at her. Thankfully it only hit her leg.

But I can't stop my flinch from her cry of pain.

"I told you to go to Mark," I say grabbing my last two knives and throwing them directly at his chest. The action causing him to fall back and hit the wall. I thank the Goddess that no one was coming outside.

I run to Krissy's side getting ready to help her when Mark finally decides to show up.

"The fuck?" he says running out of the car to his sister's other side.

"Okay Krissy, I'm going to pull it on the count of three okay? Just take deep breaths." I tell her but she doesn't seem to stop crying.

"One"

"Two"

"Th-"

"No! Wait! Wait!" She yells. I sigh internally.

"Yes?" I ask.

"I'm not ready."

"Krissy she's trying to help you," Mark says.

I take a few seconds to turn around and see the man trying to get up.

"Okay one"

"Two"

"Three!" I say before pulling the knife out. The blood continues to pour out until I put my hands over her leg concentrating on closing the wound. Without a second thought, I grab the knife and aim straight for the man's head.

*

"That was sick Blair," Krissy says again.

"Thank you thank you," I say bowing.

"You should have waited for me," Mark says.

"You got there when Krissy got stabbed, and besides I can fight for myself and Krissy," I say a matter of factly.

"Yeah yeah," he says. We're all outside in the pack watching the sunset.

"It's starting!" Krissy screams.

All around us families begin to come together watching the sunset. Everywhere I turn there are parents with their children. Every single spot.

I can't help but feel envy on them and anger upon myself. If they died why didn't I?

Shouldn't I have died with them? We were a family after all.

Not even paying attention to what I was doing, the pieces of grass that I was holding under my hands begin to burn up causing a fire to start amongst the field.

"Blair!" Mark yells at me. Yet I stay in shock looking at what I have done. How the hell did I do that?

Within seconds, people from the pack begin to bring buckets full of water splashing it on the grass.

The fire stopped, leaving two lines starting from where my hands were to the end of the border.

I didn't look at anyone even though I knew they were all staring at me, including Mark and Krissy. I had no clue how I had done that and honestly, I didn't want to figure out.

Without saying another word I turn around and begin my run to the Mark's house. I can hear the siblings arguing on who to follow me but I could care less. I barge into Mark's room locking the door behind ready to leave yet once again.

I always seem to have the ability to mess everything up. Just when things were going great too. It's too much of a dream to ever think something good will happen in my life.

Opening the patio door I hold my backpack tightly to my chest ready to jump. The pain in my heart doesn't stop me, I messed up and there's nothing I can do to fix it.

The door bursts open with Mark running towards me at full speed. I jump only to be stopped and thrown into his arms.

"It's okay," he says rubbing my back. I can't help the tears that form in my eyes. I haven't heard anyone say those words to me since my parents died. I haven't had anyone hold me like this since they died.

So doing what I haven't done in more than 5 years..I let myself cry in his arms.