Chapter 9

I woke up around 4am to Joe's phone ringing. I believed he was in a deep sleep because he never flitched.. honestly, I don't think he heard it. I lifted my head up to peek & see who it was. It was Galina. I laid back down & ignored it. A few seconds passed on & she sent a text. I reached over & grabbed his phone & keyed in his password to read her message.

"Joe, when are you coming back down here? Jojo misses you. I miss you. I need you, I really need you. That Jessica girl is young & stupid. You shouldn't pay attention to her. You need a older woman who has their life together rather than a girl who's life is all about being a little hoe."

I thought to myself for a second. Should I respond? Should I fly to Florida myself & just slap the shit out of here in front on Jojo? I loved the second choice, but that'll be highly disrespectful to Jojo.. especially since I'm Joe's girlfriend & hopefully his wife one day. Fingers crossed.

I continued to think, not realizing Joe had awake. I closed out of everything & put his phone under his pillow from behind. I think she texted him again because it vibrated again. I quickly laid back down so he wouldn't notice I was up. He checked his phone & saw her messages. He texted her back quickly. After he sent it, he put his phone down & snuggled close by me. He kissed my cheek softly & stroked it slowly. I pretended as if it had woke me up.

"I didn't mean to wake you babe."

"It's okay.. why are up so late?".

"I just woke up. I just checked my phone & snuggled by you. That's all."

"Oh, I believe your phone rung or something. I don't know if that was you or not."

"It was."

I looked at him kinda funny. I didn't think he'd admit to it.

"Well who's calling you this late?"

"Nobody. It's not important."

"Joe.." I said, waiting on his answer.

"It was Galina. She wants me to leave you."

I pretended to be upset even though I already saw what she said. I looked as if I was shocked at what she said.

"Don't worry, I don't care about what she says. You're my girl & you're it going anywhere. Don't ever think you're a homewreker."

"She called me that?"

"No babe, that's what she's trying to make you out as. That's her opinion. I don't think you're a homewreker or a hoe."

"She called me a hoe?!"

"Maybe I should be quiet now, huh?"

I shrugged my shoulders & looked away. I laid back down, facing the other way.

"Are you mad babe? I can handle all of this for you if you want me to."

I sat back up & looked at him.

"Joe, can I ask you something serious?"

"Anything babe, what's on your mind?"

I took a deep breath.

"Be honest with me, do you think I'm a hoe?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"The kind I need a answer to."

Joe rolled his eyes. My question annoyed him. I didn't care though. I just needed his opinion on it.

"Babe, I don't look at you that way."

"Everybody else does, why don't you?" I mumbled under my breath.

"Maybe because these other people are idiots, but I don't see you like that."

I nodded. I'm still in the process of trying to change everybody's opinion about me. I was a little out of control when I was 21, but I'm going on 25 now. I'm starting to feel like he deserves a older woman who has her life together rather than someone who's an attention whore & who is believe it or not .. still sleeping with her bestfriend.

Thoughts started to roam through my head. Should I tell him? Should I just stop fucking Chris all together? I honestly don't want to .. the dick too good. Joe puts it down though. I don't know what I wanna do. I just don't wanna lose them both because of my hoeish ways .. I think I just finally admitted to being what everyone makes me out to be. A young, dumb hoe. I hate myself for doing Joe like this.

"Do you know about my past, Joe?"

"Your past?"

"Yes. I've kept it to myself. Nobody knows about it. If I tell you, don't judge me. I've had enough judgement."

"Okay. I promise."