Chapter 12

It's been about 3 months since Joe's hernia surgery. That was in September & now it's mid December. He's already made his comeback to Raw & he's doing much better. Right now, he's in Florida & I'm in California on business, but I'll be back in Florida on Monday for the show. I decided to go see Chris, since I haven't seen him in about a month or two. I pulled up to his new house in Calabasas. I hopped out of the car & ran in the house. When I got inside, I was greeted by my new niece Royalty. She's his daughter.

See, Chris is a new father. He missed part of her life only because he was unaware that he was the father of the baby. Now he's taking care of his little one whenever he gets the chance. When he found out he was the father, his girlfriend Karrueche broke up with him. Crazy, right? He didn't expect it, but it happened. Whenever he has her, I help him. Simply because I don't have a child of my own & I know he's new to this.

"Hey baby girl!"

I reached down & picked her up. I planted little kisses on her soft cheeks.

"Where's daddy?"

She started to make baby noises. I took that as I don't know.

He came out of the kitchen with her bottle in his hand.

"Hey you!"

"Hey.. you!" I said with a laugh.

I put her back down with her toys & headed over to greet him.

"Hey girl."

He hugged him tight. I loved being in his arms for some reason. I don't believe I'm in love with him anymore. I just really... love him. Gosh, I don't know what it is. When he got serious with Karrueche, I made sure talked to him about my feelings & after I met Joe, I've loved him more than anyone else. Maybe I should talk to him.

We broke the hug & smiled at each other.

"So what brings you here?"

I came to see him for a minute, but we really need to talk.

"I came because we need to talk."

"What's on your mind?"

"We should go upstairs."

He picked up Royalty & rocked her to sleep since it was her nap time. We got upstairs & she was fast asleep quickly. He laid her down in the guest room, just so we wouldn't wake her.

I sat on his bed & waited on him to come back. He walked back in with a smile.

"She knocked out."

I grinned. "Aww."

"Now where were we?"

All of a sudden, he crashed his lips onto mine. We both laid back without breaking the kiss. He started to take my pants off, but I stopped him.

"Wait, we can't do this."

"Isn't this what you wanted?"

"No, I really wanted to talk."

He climbed off of me & I fixed my pants.

"So what do you want to talk about?" He asked.

"Us."

He cocked his neck to the side.

"It's like when I'm around you, we have this connection. I don't know what it is, but when I hugged you.. I didn't want to let you go. Maybe because- (gco)"

"You're in love with me."

"Huh?"

"I feel the same way around you. All I know is I'm definitely in love with you."