When it's my turn, my dad pulls me into a bear hug. "Hi, princess. You're looking more like your mother everyday," he says. "How was practice this morning?"

"Just rehearsed my routine. Coach said my triple axel was flawless," I tell him.

"That's my girl," he says.

Once I learned to walk, my dad was eager to put me in some skates. But rather than become a professional hockey player, I decided to become a figure skater, which is equally as challenging. Last year, I represented the United States at the Winter Olympics. My first experience was extra special because my dad was also invited to compete in ice hockey, plus our family left Brazil with gold.

Last is my mom, and my dad embraces her in a tight hug. He kisses her on the lips, and my siblings and I scrunch are noses. Our parents aren't shy about PDA.

Coach Matthews walks over to us. "Baylor, it's time," he smiles. When my dad announced he was going to retire, Coach also decided it was time for himself too. It's pretty amazing to see two greats in the hockey world retire together.

As we get closer to the rink, I hear the crowd chanting Baylor. It reminds me of when I was younger and wore noise cancelling headphones to my dad's games because I didn't like how loud everyone was. But now, I love hearing the screams of the fans. It's unbelievable how many people love and support my dad, but he's also one of the best hockey players to ever play the game. And in my opinion, the best dad in the world.

The arena is slightly dimmed with red lights shining down. The ice has been decorated with a red carpet, several chairs, and a podium. The Blaze sure do know how to throw a ceremony.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please give a warm welcome to your master of ceremonies, George Lybron!" the announcer says. George is the radio play-by-play announcer for the Blaze, and someone I've known for many years.

He walks over to the podium. "Good evening, to all, those here in Holmes Stadium and those watching or listening on SportsNet. I am so honored to be your host as we celebrate the career of Parker Baylor. His number twenty-three will be raised to the rafters alongside those worn by William Persson and his very own coach John Matthews. Tonight, we honor the lethal player Parker Baylor was on the ice, and the great person he was off of it. So without further a do, let's begin the ceremony. We will start by welcoming some of Parker's former teammates and staff."

I smile when George introduces, "Former teammate, Deacon Smith" and right after, "Miles Hansen." Last year, the Blaze said goodbye to my dad's best friends also known as my uncles.

"And lastly, Hockey Hall of Famer and soon to be retired head coach of the Blaze, please welcome, John Matthews," George says.

"Now, let us please welcome your 2037-2038 New York Blaze." The team files into the bench all wearing my dad's jersey.

"At this moment, we'd like to welcome Parker Baylor onto the ice who is accompanied by his wife Olivia and their three children Bronwyn, Greyson, and Leighton." The crowd erupts with applause and loud cheers. I follow behind my mom as we step onto the carpet and find our seats.

Coach Matthews walks over to the podium and begins speaking, "Ladies, gentlemen, boys and girls, it is a privilege to be standing here today honoring number twenty-three. When Parker was drafted first overall in the 2013 draft, the entire state of New York was excited to receive some fresh talent. As a rookie, he made a name for himself and proved to the league that he was a force to be reckoned with, winning the Calder Trophy. Wearing the 'C' at age twenty-five, Parker demonstrated his leadership skills on and off the ice. Seven Norris trophies, five Stanley Cup rings, and five Smythe trophies to his name. He has been a tremendous player and captain for the Blaze franchise. Watching him grow from a young, ambitious rookie to a loved and respected man has been such a reward. Thank you, Parker, for all that you have contributed to the game of hockey."