Accepting the Reason

Start from the beginning

I giggle when he wraps his arms around me, pulling me into a hug and placing his face in the crook of my neck. I wrap my arms around his neck and gently run a hand through his hair. We snuggle close together and stay like that for a while. We enjoy each other's company until he finally pulls away after a few minutes.

I smile down at him as he gently pushes a strand of my hair behind my ear. I lean into his hand as it rests on my cheek. He gently runs his thumb along my cheekbone before pulling me in for another passionate kiss. I return it with just as much love before gently pulling away and snuggling close to him. He kisses the top of my head where I feel a smile form on his face. I grin to myself as I watch him pick up his sketchbook and proceed with his drawing.

I watch as he gently glides his pencil across the page, forming a variety of different shapes. The circles he makes turn into faces as he draws in distinct features for each character. Even with me in his arms, he still draws like a professional.

"Who are you drawing?" I ask, seeing the group of people appear on the page.

"My family." He answers, adding in more detail.

I look at the image and start to see the variety of features they all share. Whether it's the hair or the eyes, they all resemble one another. I remember him telling me about his family, but I never once saw an image of them. I don't really know what they look like, so this may be the best chance for me to figure that out.

"Whose who?" I gesture to the picture and glance up at him.

He glances over at me with a small smile before we both turn our attention to the page in front of us. "First, we have my little sister, Hope. She's the sweetest person I've ever known as well as very talented. She loves to draw and especially loves to play the piano. Then we have Hailey, my older sister. She is very much a bookworm, she loves to read and she also really enjoys writing. She's in the process of writing her very own book. I don't know what it's about; she won't tell anyone until it's done. Next to her is my brother Hayden. He's the oldest out of the four of us and enjoys messing around with everyone. He currently has a fiance and will be getting married in October. Both him and his future wife both work at a computer company. He's fixes computers as well as creates programs for different businesses." He smiles as he gestures to the three of them, explaining what they each enjoy doing. Then he moves on to his parents, "This is my mother, Valka, she's the smartest people I've ever known. She knows how to do basically everything, from cooking and cleaning to fixing a car. She deserves a lot more credit than what we give her. She helps out my father with his chiefly duties as well as take care of us kids. She's absolutely amazing."

He smiles at the older woman figure before gesturing to the older man next to her. "This here is my father, Stoick the Vast. He's currently the chief of our town, Berk, and he'll be retiring in a few years. When he's not at work, he loves watching his kids grow and succeed. He also has his own personal weapons collection. It's one of the ways he sets off steam. He'll either go into the backyard or a training facility and throw them around until he's calmed down. I believe it's his favorite pastime."

I nod slowly as I take in his words. I look at each image again and allow myself to remember all the memories he told me of him and his siblings. He loves his entire family very much, I can tell. He doesn't talk about them much around me, but I'm sure he thinks about them daily, just like I always think about Elsa and my late parents. As I think about all he said, my mind replays the words about his father being chief and that he'll take over one day.

My eyes widen at the realization as I straighten myself and look at him, "You're going to be chief?"

He nods his head as he turns his gaze towards me. "I am. I start training as soon as I return home."