Romantic Night

Hiccup's P.O.V.

That night I put together a picnic for Astrid and I to enjoy. She tried her best to help me but I told her to go upstairs and get ready, even if she was already so beautiful.

I made a simple meal with sandwiches, fruit, and even some baked treats for the town bakery. I felt making chicken or fish wouldn't have been the best way to go. They are hot foods and I don't want to risk them getting cold before we have a chance to even sit down and eat.

After placing the food and proper utensils in a basket, I walk over to the chest full of blankets and pull out a red plaid blanket big enough for both of us to sit on. I place it onto the counter next to the basket of food and head upstairs to freshen up myself.

There's not much that I need to do, mainly just brush my hair and make sure I don't look like a mess. Thankfully, it doesn't take me very long to do so. I'm able to brush my hair within a minute and quickly head over to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I'm not entirely sure what might end up happening tonight, but I have to at least make sure I don't have stinky breath.

Once done with everything, I head back downstairs and get Toothless into his saddle. He jumps around happily as I hold it out, knowing the meaning behind it. I chuckle and have to tell him to sit still while I put it on him. Even when he isn't moving it's hard to get it on him.

By the time I finish with Toothless's saddle, he gets excited again and hops towards the stairs. I chuckle to myself as I look over to the steps to see Astrid wearing a beautiful blue dress. It was simple but yet made her look like a goddess. It hugged her curves beautifully, showing the world just how perfect she was. Her sleeves were long but flowed just like the bottom of her dress, perfectly. She had her hair mostly down while some was pinned in the back. She wore no crown but I could only imagine how she would like with a flower crown atop her head. She would like beautiful...well she is beautiful. She wore no make up but that didn't matter because her skin was already so flawless.

"Whoa...." The word escaped my lips as I took in every inch of her beauty. "You... you look beautiful."

I see her cheeks redden a bit as she slowly looks up to me. "Thank you.."

"You're welcome." I softly say as I look into her blue eyes. I wasn't sure what to say next but I couldn't take my eyes off of her. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my life. I've never seen anyone as beautiful as her.

We both looked at one another with silence until I felt Toothless nudge me from behind. I stumble forward a bit as I get some of my senses back. I blush slightly as I looked ahead to Astrid and scratched the back of my neck.

"A-are you ready to go?" I ask, stuttering nervously.

She smiles at me and nods. "Yes."

I smile and walk over to the counter to grab the basket and blanket before walking forward toward the door. Before she had a chance to grab the handle, I grab it myself and open it for her. I hear a soft giggle escape her soft lips as she thanks me and steps out. I follow after her once Toothless also exited the house and closed the door behind us all.

Once outside, I walk over to Toothless and securely attach the basket and blanket to his saddle. He gurgles happy as he gets some attention from Astrid in the meantime. When I'm done, I hold my hand out for Astrid. She takes it with a kind smile and I guide her toward Toothless's back. I help her get on before getting on myself and giving Toothless a pat, letting him know we're ready.

He shows us his gummy smile before leaping out into the setting sky. Astrid wraps her arms around my waist to keep her self from falling off. I smile at her movement knowing that she didn't need to hold onto me anymore. She's been on rides with Toothless and I so many times that she is able to stay on when he takes off, but yet she still chooses to hold onto me every time.