Chapter Twenty-Seven - Lady Gisela

The world was a dark place.

There were some who made it brighter, some who lightened life for all. There were those who made it their duty to lift people up, to shoot a stroke of a sunbeam into others' lives. They were good people, people who were kind and caring and wholesome and good.

And then there were people like her.

Gisela knew she was dark. She knew she had evil in her, twisting her heart and mutating her emotions. But she was doing more help than harm. Her son had a talent so much greater than she had – so much greater than even the Moonlark, his petty crush, had. The tables were turned, and they were on Gisela's side.

She knew that when Keefe realized his full potential – knew what a gift his mother had given him – he would switch teams in a heartbeat. And Gisela had just received word that her son had finally discovered his ability.

"Gethen!" she hissed, snapping her fingers at the blond-haired man sitting tersely beside her. Despite his hidden connection to the Moonlark, he was fully on their side. "Get me a pen and paper."

The man hurried to do her bidding, and Gisela almost laughed aloud. It was wonderful, being in charge. Having your every whim obeyed.

When Gethen returned with the pen and paper, Gisela studied him. His face was void of emotion, but his eyes were pools of excitement.

"Is it time?" he asked, anticipation tinging his voice.

A slow smile curled over Gisela's lips. "Indeed. It is time."

Word count: 344

*Shudder*. She's soooo evil.

Please vote and comment! I hope you liked the chapter, if it was a little out of the ordinary. Thank you all so much for 2k reads!!!

Also, the next part is going to take me a little longer to write. So unless I have a lot of free time on my hands tomorrow, which I likely won't, I won't be updating till the day after tomorrow, 10/30/20. Thank, guys!

(For a lock-screen reveal, go to my Tags and Q&A's book.)

- Total_KOTLC_Fan