Chapter 43

A few days after Ivan told me one of his deepest secrets, after a lot of him blushing and my asking, I finally got him to admit who he fancies.

"-no, no. I'm not doing it. I don't even know if he likes guys." He pouts giving me puppy dog eyes, trying to get me to break.

"Well, what if I ask him if he would want to go to the Ball with you-"

"NO! Definitely-" Ivan interrupts quickly.

"What if I don't say your name?"

"I..." Ivan hesitates for a few seconds, before sighing loudly and nodding.

"Great! I'll go now!" I smile jumping up from our spot in the library. It was a miracle Madam Pince hadn't kicked us out already.

"What about me? If he rejects me, I'll be all alone. You will parading around with however your date is, Kala and Luna are on a date, and Laurie is with her Ball date." I open my mouth to respond but the brown haired boy cuts me off. "And no there's no way I'm coming with you."

"Well...you could hang out Victor." I ignore his grunt of disapproval. "Have some family bonding time and maybe find out if he knows about the egg?"

We stare at each other waiting for the answer. "Fine, only because I need family bonding time or whatever. But if you tell him my name to him, I will kill you."

"That wouldn't be a bad option actually, then I won't have to have everyone watch me fail the next task."

I begin to walk away immediately, before Ivan could change his mind, and I wave at him happily, while he just groans and makes his way back to the Durmstrang ship. After the long walk that always makes me consider not coming to the Gryffindor common room, I finally arrive at the Fat Lady.

"Password?" The Fat Lady looks down at me and recognition flashes across her face. "You can't come in here! Last time you assaulted a Gryffindor! Leave! LEAVE! I will call Dumbledore to drag you-"

As I stand there shocked at the Fat Lady, her portrait swung open and Fred steps out.

"What the bloody hell is going on out here?"

"Oh she doesn't like me very much," I smile at him, strutting into the common room. I swear I could here him say "well come on in then" but I chose to ignore it. "Do you know where Lee is?"

Fred doesn't hide the shock on his face. "Lee? Er, upstairs in our dorm I think but why-"

I start climbing up the boys stairs before he could finish and hear the redhead following right behind me. I'm too excited about the prospect of possibly getting Lee and Ivan together, to worry about Fred for once. I fling the door to the 6th years boys dorm open to find Lee and George on the floor with some of the Weasley's pastries.

"Can I talk to Lee? Alone." I give George a look of get out, and watch him and Lee exchange a weird look before leaving and shutting the dorm.

When the door closes I wave my wand. "Muffliato."

"So, Eva what's so important you needed to sound proof the room for?" Lee winks standing up and moving onto a bed.

"Really Lee? It's not like that." I scoff while still smiling a little. "I know you might still fancy Angelina, but I was wondering if-"

"Wait are you asking me to the Ball?" he gasps looking surprised for once.

"No...actually I was wondering if you would maybe go with my friend..."

"Oh what's her name?" Lee asks, moving back into his laid back posture.

"Him, actually." Lee looks at me dumbfounded.

"I mean I don't know if you like guys like that you could always go as friends." I ramble out quickly.

"I-is it fine if I think about it?" he asks looking a little lost in thought.

"Of course. I'm sorry for..." I trail off not really knowing what to say and get up to leave.

Lee's POV

After Eva leaves Fred and George rush back in to ask what we talked about.

"Well what-"

"-did she say?"

I try to ignore them and turn away trying to think. Did I like guys like that? I've never really thought about it, I mean I've been in love with Angelina since like first year, but it was obvious that she was never going to return the feelings. He had spent so much of his time pining over Ang, he had never thought about anyone else. Boy or girl.

"Mate." George snaps his fingers in front of my face. "I asked did it have anything to do with the Yule Ball? Did Eva ask you?"

I only hear the first part of his question and nod not realizing that it would cause problems. Problems for Fred, who planned on asking Eva. Problems for Eva, who was going to reject the guys who asked her to go with Fred.

Eva's POV

Two weeks pass and the Yule Ball is closer than ever. My days were spent either in the library studying, in classes, or in my dorm avoiding Moody. The Professor has gotten weirder and weirder, constantly trying to talk to me about my family and how I view Muggles. To make things worse Fred still hasn't asked me, and Lee still hasn't responded to Ivan.

"Eva! Get out of bed we're going looking for dress robes today!" I groan and drag myself out of bed at the sound of Kala's yelling.

"Lu I thought you already had dress robes?"

"Oh I do but Kala and Laurie don't so I'm coming with you all to pick some out."

And that's how all four of us Ravenclaw girls ended up at Madam Malkin's Robes with almost half of the schools population. Apparently we weren't the only ones getting dress robes late.

Laurie, Kala and I grab random dresses off the racks and quickly run to the changing rooms, trying to get out of this shop before the mob of students followed our lead.

I easily go through five dresses within a half hour, they were either too tight, too low cut, not my color or just not my style.

After another half hour of trying on dresses me and Kala come up empty while Laurie found the dress of her dreams. All our jaws dropped when Laurie walks out in a deep emerald green dress. The bottom flows against the floor and the dress slowly gets tighter up her waist and to her chest.

"Wow..." I gasp speechless.

"I know!" she squeals happily but her face quickly turns to a frown when she sees Kala and I without dresses. "Wha-you two didn't find any? How on.." she climbs back into her changing room, flipping through the hundreds of dresses she pulled. "Ah here! Try them!"

She hands a tight dark green dress to Kala and a midnight blue, tight dress to me. It's a little small on my at first but with the help of my wand the dress fits perfectly. The top cuts into a v neck, but not too low, and the dress fits perfectly down my body and flows to the floor. On the left side there is a slit going up to my mid thigh. It's perfect.

The four of us spend the rest of the cold, wintery day at The Three Broomsticks drinking Butterbear and trying to stay warm. As we finally start to head back to the castle I feel someone looking at me. I turn my head to see a shadow move behind the bushes and out of my eyesight.

"Guys go on without me. I have to check something out." I wave goodbye to the three girls and make my way to the bushes.

I'm sorry I haven't updated at all recently but I'm going to put out another chapter today to make up for it.