Chapter 24

Three Months Later

Sasha's POV

For the past few months my friends have been acting weird. Starting with the constant questions about Bayley. Now they're talking about prom and how exciting its gonna be. I don't want to go to prom. I can't handle seeing Bayley and Alexa there together. It's been months and I'm still not over her, she leaves scars. A.J and Paige are trying to convince me to go telling me how fun it's gonna be and stuff. Easy for them to say they have dates. Granted their dates are each other but still. And yes I know what I said. Paige and A.J are a thing. Everyone knew they liked each other. They've been obsessed with each other since ninth grade. No one else is allowed to like them. They are very territorial. One time we snuck into a club and this older guy kept hitting on A.J. We then got kicked out of the club because Paige punched him in the nose while wearing her spiked glove. She claimed it was because he wouldn't leave her alone and she didn't want him to start touching her and stuff. But Ember and I both knew it was because she was jealous, and I swear I heard her whisper "Leave my girl alone", before she punched him. But they're together now and they're a really cute couple. Ember doesn't have a date yet but I thinks she's gonna ask Rhea Ripley  to be her date.  Rhea's a bit younger than us but she's in our grade so it won't be wrong to ask. Becky was going with Charlotte of course. Becky asked months ago, on the day she got released from the hospital. Got some of the doctors and nurses to help her too. And of course all our other friends have their own dates. 

"Sasha you have to come." A.J whines. "Nope." I say. "Please, it's the most important dance you'll ever get to go to... and the last dance you'll ever get to go to. You have to go. Why do you hate dances so much?" "You hate dances just as much as me." "Yeah but not this dance, this is the most important dance of our lives. We should celebrate it together." "Sasha, A.J's right, you've gotta come, we've pretty much spent our entire lives together starting from eighth grade. We don't have many days together anymore after graduation which might I add is next week. We're all gonna be separated. Becky and Charlotte are going to Yale. Naomi is going to SoCal Art. Carmella's going to Juilliard. You're going to Brooklyn College. Bayley's got into Brooklyn College to because its the only 4 year college the gave her a full scholarship. Ember's going to University of Maryland. I'm going to Seattle University. A.J's going to Washington state. All the boys in our group are going to SCSU. Natalya's going Harvard. And Alexa's going to Navarro." Paige said ending with a gasp. "Lexi's going to Texas?" I asked. Paige nodded. "And Bayley's going to Brooklyn on a full basketball scholarship?" "Yeah, the other colleges she applied to didn't think she would still has what it takes to play on their teams because she was injured. They didn't even give her a chance to show them, but Brooklyn let her do a private tryout or whatever and were very impressed with her talent." Paige explained. "I hate that Alexa's going to a two year college." I whisper. "Well she wasn't going at all before we convinced her. Plus Navarro has an amazing cheer program, I think that's what helped her make her decision." "How do you know all that?" Paige's face looked panic. "Uh.. umm.. ya know word gets around and umm, we hear things and uhhh gotta go bye." She stumbled across her words before grabbing A.J's arm and leaving. Weirdo.

A few minutes later Becky came into our room. "Hey we gotta talk." I sat up in my bed and looked at her. She sat down next to me sighed. "I think I know one of the reasons you don't want to go to prom." She said before reaching in her jacket pocket and pulling out a small book. It was purple and covered in glitter 'Sasha's only keep out' was written on the cover. It was my diary from when I was little. "I found it when we moved in. I didn't think you would mind, most of the words aren't understandable. Anyway there's a page in here where you wrote about your mom's promise." "What promise?" My mom made a lot of promises to me before she died. Becky opened the book and read one of the pages out loud. "She promised you that she would go with you to pick out a prom dress. She told you it was one of the mother-daughter things you'd get to do together. You don't wanna go because you can't go with your mom to get the dress of your dreams, and eventually you have to find a dress for your wedding without your mom. You can't do anything with Eliza anymore and that hurts you." She told me. I looked down at my hands. "Maybe there's a possibility that that might be true." I whispered. "I know that's tough but let's make a deal." I push myself up and move closer to my sister. "I share my mom for dress shopping and you share Ricky to walk me down the isle when I get married." "Married? Did Charlotte propose or something?" I asked. She shakes her head 'no'. "Not yet but one day, I'm gonna marry her." A goofy smile spread across Becky's face. "Yall are too cute." I giggled. "And we have a deal."