Epilogue 3:Together

Start from the beginning

"What happened to your hand?"

"It was from last week during the raid on Outcasts. I ran into the guy who took you, and I won."He proudly tells her.

"He's gone?"Yuqi looked him in the eye, just to make sure he was being serious.

"He's gone, and we're never gonna have to worry about him again."

"That's a relief, but you were close enough to punch him? Lucas that's dangerous, you could've gotten seriously hurt."

Lucas just patted her head, he wasn't going to fight back with her, and she couldn't really scold him for something already done. Yuqi pouted, she didn't want to be happy over someone dying, but she couldn't be mad at Lucas for doing it anyways. Instead of doing anything else, she just leaned her back on the headboard and watched the movie; Lucas did the same.

It was the first time they actually got through a whole movie without talking through most of it. Lucas didn't want to bring it up first, he wanted her to talk about it; just to know she was comfortable with it. Yuqi, however, wasn't going to press on the matter if he wasn't interested.

When the movie ended, it was quiet. They were best friends, they could go on about anything, but time had passed and many things had changed.

"You know, Jungwoo hyung isn't too happy that I'm here."Lucas awkwardly laughed trying to start a conversation

"I'm sure he was ecstatic when I went missing. He'll warm up to the idea of me and you being best friends one day."Yuqi joked.

"Don't say that, everyone was upset when you went missing."

"Was I really gone for a whole year? It felt a lot shorter."Yuqi looked down at her hands and started fondling her fingers.

"It felt like years had passed for me."

"What happened after that day until the day we got you back?"Lucas shyly asked.

There was a pause before she answered.

"The first day they tortured me for answers, but I didn't budge. They found my tattoo and figured out things from there. Instead of trafficking me, they kept me around saying they had a plan for me; all they needed was the perfect timing.

I was locked up in a cell, fed once a day, and was allowed to shower probably once a month. They took my shoes, and I was only allowed to wear the thin clothes you guys found me in.

I had leeway knowing that they weren't going to kill me. I was able to fight back, but by a little. They had a camera on my at all times, so never any privacy. All I really did was sleep and day dream, anytime I tried to exercise they would come in and tase me. Everyday felt the same, I didn't know the time or day so it was hard to keep track.

One day they came into the room with a giant needle and stabbed it into my neck. Next thing I knew I woke up with you by my side. I thought it was a dream until you hugged me, and that's it."Yuqi answered.

"That must've been horrible, all this time you were just locked up, with nothing to do at all, no one to talk to, and not knowing what day it was. I can't imagine."Lucas' voice softened from his usual enthusiasm.

"I managed to get by. Honestly, I think I got lucky. A lot more bad things could have happened to me, but they didn't."Yuqi comforted, "now, what else should we do? Let's stop talking about sad things."

For the next hour and a half Lucas filled Yuqi in on everything that she had missed. He explained Yeonmi's situation, how Mark has changed, talked about last week's raid, and how NCT was changing the safe house to their main house. Time passed by quickly with Lucas' story telling and all of Yuqi's comments while they ate snacks. Eventually it was time for him to head home.

"It's 6:25, I have to go now."

"Already? Why?"

"Taeyong wants me home before 7 and I have to account for traffic when heading back."

"We always have other days."Yuqi smiled.

Yuqi walked Lucas back out to his car. The two of them hugged before saying their goodbyes. Yuqi turned around to walk back into Blue Box, and Lucas watched her as she did. She had only walked about 6 feet before turning to look back at him. She expected to see him smiling at her, or getting into his car, instead she was just concerned.

"Lucas?"Yuqi ran back over to him, "why are you crying?"

There were tears falling down his face, and his eyes glistened with them. He didn't know what had triggered his crying, but he knew what he was upset about.

"I just thought I'd never see you again because I couldn't save you."

"Hey, it's okay, you big baby. I'm here now, I'm here, I'm not leaving. I promise."

"It was all my fault that day."

"It wasn't your fault, don't say that."

"I felt you behind. I thought you'd go away thinking that I abandoned you."

"Lucas, do you know why even after all this time I'm still the same?"

He shook his head while drying his tears

"It's because I believed that you would get me back. You left that day because you knew it'd be hopeless if both of us were captured, with you escaping there was a chance."

"I just missed you, that's all."Lucas pulled her into his chest for another hug, he held her even tighter.

"I missed you too, Yukhei,"

||

Why didn't anyone tell me a long time ago that EXO's "Call me Baby" was originally supposed to be "Call me Daddy"????? I found out like a couple of days ago, the demo is crazy.

I also love how I didn't start "talking" to you guys that much until like chapter 17 or so because I was afraid to say anything. And now I just write you guys paragraphs.
Love you guys, see you when I update the final chapter
-Celine❤️